This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
    Yes you could . I personally know a vet, who was an atheist his entire life. Went to med school, learned about the human eye, and concluded it was not possible for evolution to create the eye. He has been a devout Christian ever since.
    Since we've spun way off track, anyway, I have a question, for those who are believers.
    What happens to a clone when it dies? We can, and are cloning people. In the next 20 yrs or so, we'll probably see them integrated into society, in various ways. Double for the president, grow you a new heart, etc...So if you took one, raised it in a devout religous household, it became a saint of god, it's entire life, what happens to it when it dies? Was it's religous expierence fake? Their brain is no different than yours, but would God never talk to them, never let them feel anything for him?
    I'm probably a clone if so

This made me laugh. But to answer your question God, and God alone, makes man in His image. In my opinion, a clone would not be eligible as he would be man made.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
      One thing is certain, Hawking could now fill us all in on what is Truth. To that point we will all know one day when they throw dirt in our faces. The joy of knowing Jesus is that the assurance many strive for thru science and debate can be had with great affirmation.

Those that get it need no explanation, those that do not, no explanation will ever be good enough. Godspeed in your individual journeys.
      If God exists in the manner you presume he does, then he can't be fooled into thinking a man truly believes that which he hasn't found good reason to believe.

Billions have claimed to know the same assurance as you through belief in Gods other than Jesus.

As for your last statement, evidence for his existence and benevolence that meets the standards of rational belief we put on most things in life would be good enough.

Imagine the fame, glory and fortune for anyone that proves God...and yet no one has done so.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
        If God exists in the manner you presume he does, then he can't be fooled into thinking a man truly believes that which he hasn't found good reason to believe.

Billions have claimed to know the same assurance as you through belief in Gods other than Jesus.

As for your last statement, evidence for his existence and benevolence that meets the standards of rational belief we put on most things in life would be good enough.

Imagine the fame, glory and fortune for anyone that proves God...and yet no one has done so.
        And that is why we call it “Faith”, sir. Which you too are exhibiting by believing what you believe without proof of non-existence. Things I’ve seen and the transformation He has made on me is all the evidence I need. I know people personally that have been supernaturally healed. Again, evidence IMO.
        Last edited by JLivi1224; 03-17-2018, 07:01 PM.

Comment

I wonder how many non believers will be singing the same tune on their death bed. If you doubt god try looking for him and hit your knees and talk to him. If you seek him you will find him. I can tell you from experience it’s a lot better if you find him, rather than god come looking for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Filletem View Post
            I wonder how many non believers will be singing the same tune on their death bed. If you doubt god try looking for him and hit your knees and talk to him. If you seek him you will find him. I can tell you from experience it’s a lot better if you find him, rather than god come looking for you.
            Yeah, hopefully they have a death bed and not a sudden death experience. In either case I hope they take full advantage of that last fleeting moment before death

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Yeah, hopefully they have a death bed and not a sudden death experience. In either case I hope they take full advantage of that last fleeting moment before death
              Aboslutely. As Christians we should pray for all non believers that they come to know Him. We ALL were made in His image.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                Just so we're clear...
                You listen to an established group of people , and interact via calling , that actively and regularily meets, discusses their own philosophies, theories, and beliefs with the purpose of presenting arguements against the philosophies, theories, and beliefs of groups that actively and regularily meets with each other.
                Not only that but you say this group has call in shows and materials and people that promote the shows by advertising for them unsolicited?
                Would you say you listen religously to this group of people claiming atheism?
                As I stated, I listen to all sorts of things. I prefer debates or two-way discussions with opposing viewpoints. Moderated formal debate gives both sides equal time for argument presentation, cross examination and rebuttal. It's not an echo chamber.

I mentioned the Atheist Experience show because it happens to be home based in Texas and it's the only show of it's kind that I'm aware of. I enjoy listening to everyday people call in to discuss their beliefs and why they believe them. I subscribe to their podcast and many other podcasts that interest me.

Comment

Did yall know that while most scientists do not believe in God almost all Astrophysicists do? Let that sink in

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                    And that is why we call it “Faith”, sir. Which ironically you too are exhibiting by believing what you believe without proof of non-existence. Things I’ve seen and the transformation He has made on me is all the evidence I need. I know people personally that have been supernaturally healed. Again, evidence IMO.
                    Ray Comfort interviewed many professors about evolution vs creation and the conclusion was that none have ever truly seen some of the claims of evolution ideas but that they all agreed that they just “believe” what evolutionary theorists formulated prior to them. He asked them isn’t that like placing “faith” in what they say is true? They were all speechless and could not argue that fact.
                    One thing is true that God gives man free will & choice to either accept him and his truth or not to accept him. This choice determines your eternal position.
                    I love Colossians 1:17 that says He (God) was before ALL things and by Him ALL things hold together.
                    As for me and my household, we have chosen to serve the Lord.
                    God Bless

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                      And that is why we call it “Faith”, sir. Which you too are exhibiting by believing what you believe without proof of non-existence. Things I’ve seen and the transformation He has made on me is all the evidence I need. I know people personally that have been supernaturally healed. Again, evidence IMO.
                      There's a big difference between stating there is no God and stating you've not seen good evidence to believe there's a God.

I suspect there are equally good, alternate explanations for the kind of personal experiences you mentioned, and there is certainly a never-ending amount of counter-evidence. I won't give God all the credit and none of the blame...

Comment

RIP. He had a huge impact during his time on earth.

Comment

This is one of the most disrespectful threads I've ever read on here.

Comment

Rip.

Comment

Originally posted by HogHunter34 View Post
                              Ray Comfort interviewed many professors about evolution vs creation and the conclusion was that none have ever truly seen some of the claims of evolution ideas but that they all agreed that they just “believe” what evolutionary theorists formulated prior to them. He asked them isn’t that like placing “faith” in what they say is true? They were all speechless and could not argue that fact.
                              One thing is true that God gives man free will & choice to either accept him and his truth or not to accept him. This choice determines your eternal position.
                              I love Colossians 1:17 that says He (God) was before ALL things and by Him ALL things hold together.
                              As for me and my household, we have chosen to serve the Lord.
                              God Bless
                              I've listened to a number of Ray Comfort debates on YouTube. He makes some of the least convincing arguments that I've heard. I don't think he's a good representative for Christian apologetics, and I suspect many intelligent people of faith feel the same. His infamous banana video was beyond absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A
                              Last edited by Vermin93; 03-17-2018, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                                I've listened to a number of Ray Comfort debates on YouTube. He makes some of the least convincing arguments that I've heard. I don't think he's a good representative for Christian apologetics, and I suspect many intelligent people of faith feel the same. His infamous banana video was beyond absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4yBvvGi_2A
                                Lol. I forgot all about that whole banana thing. That was hilarious.

Comment

Working...
                                X