Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bogus 51% businesses

What is the best way of reporting?

I don't understand. Are you saying you know of a business claiming that 51% of their revenue is from alcohol sales, and therefore being LTC exempt?

Comment

TABC.

Google their number.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntntxn View Post
        I don't understand. Are you saying you know of a business claiming that 51% of their revenue is from alcohol sales, and therefore being LTC exempt?

Correct. No way close to 51% is sale of alcohol yet big 51% signage in concession area

Comment

If its a Mexican Restaurant, your probably wrong.

Comment

They dont need the 51% sign to deny LTC. Private establishments can ban LTC with a 30.06 sign. 51% sign is required by TABC. I doubt there is any regulation concerning displaying the sign if its not a.51% business.
            Last edited by Walker; 02-17-2018, 04:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
              They dont need the 51% sign to deny LTC. Private establishments can ban LTC with a 30.06 sign. 51% sign is required by TABC. I doubt there is any regulation concerning displaying the sign if its not a.51% business.

Yes sir there is a regulation. TABC takes that stuff seriously.

Brent was it a red 51% or blue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

What he said x2

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

If you complain to TBC they will determine what type of alcohol permit the establishment has, address the issue with the permittee and then get them the correct sign.

I don't think there is a penalty to the business for incorrect signage which is more restrictive, since they are allowed to restrict firearms on the premises with a 30.06 or 30.07 sign.

Is the issue that you want to be able to carry there or you want to make sure no one is charged with a felony based on the improper signage?

I just reread your post and saw you wrote "concession" area. What type of business is this?
                  Last edited by Roy Munson; 02-17-2018, 06:12 PM.

Comment

I don't mean to be a PIA, but have you seen their financial statements.... what is making you think 51% of their revenue is not derived from alcohol sales? maybe the concession area is considered its own business?

Comment

I have seen one like that. I think it is a gutless way to deny carry. Blame their criminal empowerment zone on someone else. TABC will make them change it. Another restaurant near me has 30:06 and :07 signs inside their door, 12' high near ceiling, and to the left of the door. I saw it after eating, and noted it to the manager, told him I would ignore it if I ever came back. Never have.

Comment

If its incorrect then can't you carry there now?

If you get them to correct it, then won't it be illegal for you to carry there?

Comment

Signs schmigns!

Comment

I would argue that the signs are not prominently displayed as required. I just happened to see them while looking at a girl on a beer poster. If they don't want me to carry, I won't give them my money. I will spend my money where I am welcome.

And if they are gutless, I feel the same way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

Blue

Movie Theater. 6 check out lines selling $4 drinks and $8 popcorn and 2 dorm size refrigerators with longnecks. I would wager 50% of the customers are not of drinking age.

Comment

Working...
                              X