This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
    Guess we’ll take your word for it since there’s no proof but most true Christ followers do there best not to judge cause we’re all sinners so we’re all no better than the next...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You hate the sin though, right?

You recognize that this isn't like forgetting to put the plug back in your shotgun when hunting migratory birds?

He made a conscious decision to take a deer in an unlawful manner. That takes forethought. He had the opportunity to say, "no, I shouldnt do this, this isn't right" and he elected to say **** it.

Then he had to spend time coming up with a plausible story about how he took the deer. I.E. figuring out the best way to deceive people.

What I can't figure out is why? Even if he got away with it, what was the end game? Did he think having that deer on the wall will earn him respect? Even though every time someone asks him about it he would have to lie about the circumstances under which it was killed. That is a ton of dishonesty. That would absolutely eat me up.

Comment

Disagree. The hunting community is a tight knit bunch and he went against everything anyone with any level of hunting ethics should be strongly against.

He absolutely owes a very public apology, and if that's too much to ask, he shouldn't expect be embraced as a hunter. He can spend time on the texaspoacher.com board.

For the record, I have a good friend from an outstanding family that is on the whole an outstanding guy that just reported for his minimum 6-month prison sentence this week, and I'd tell him the same stuff I wrote above to his face.

You disgrace a group you're associated with, you owe them an apology at a minimum. He has disgraced the hunting community.

Comment

Ok your within your right to feel any kind of way, I’m simply saying there’s plenty dog piling on him as a person, and I’m here to say I’m glad i can call him my friend and mean it! He’s paying the price that a judge in office deemed just time to move on people.

And i have to say this cause my dad used to tell me this all the time when i saw a deer and wanted to shoot it but he wouldn’t let me....”take a picture it’ll last longer” lol

You've said this 3-4 times on this thread.

Do you believe that Travis is completely innocent and killed the deer legally?

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post

You recognize that this isn't like forgetting to put the plug back in your shotgun when hunting migratory birds?

He made a conscious decision to take a deer in an unlawful manner. That takes forethought. He had the opportunity to say, "no, I shouldnt do this, this isn't right" and he elected to say **** it.

Then he had to spend time coming up with a plausible story about how he took the deer. I.E. figuring out the best way to deceive people.

What I can't figure out is why? Even if he got away with it, what was the end game? Did he think having that deer on the wall will earn him respect? Even though every time someone asks him about it he would have to lie about the circumstances under which it was killed. That is a ton of dishonesty. That would absolutely eat me up.
          Not once but twice.. What a great hunter and man of Christ he is !! Lmao

Comment

Guess we’ll take your word for it since there’s no proof but most true Christ followers do there best not to judge cause we’re all sinners so we’re all no better than the next...
            Homeboy came by the green screen asking for prayers......On the recovery
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BitBackShot View Post
              Disagree. The hunting community is a tight knit bunch and he went against everything anyone with any level of hunting ethics should be strongly against.

He absolutely owes a very public apology, and if that's too much to ask, he shouldn't expect be embraced as a hunter. He can spend time on the texaspoacher.com board.

For the record, I have a good friend from an outstanding family that is on the whole an outstanding guy that just reported for his minimum 6-month prison sentence this week, and I'd tell him the same stuff I wrote above to his face.

You disgrace a group you're associated with, you owe them an apology at a minimum. He has disgraced the hunting community.
              When no one is listening to your argument. Bye Fred
              Click image for larger version

Name:	Bye Fred.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	24527323

Comment

Originally posted by Roy Munson View Post

I’m not justifying Travis action I’m supporting him as a man outside of hunting over several threads many have made remarks about him as a man, and i as his friend am here to defend him as a man he’s done a enormous amount of good in his life i alone can attest to. He’s paying for his wrongs as ordered now people want personal apologies and him to continue to tell them what they want... i don’t know for a fact but I’m sure he’s glad it’s over and just wanting it to move on with his life with his family TBH is prolly the furthest thing from his mind right now

Comment

Fair enough.

At some point though the decisions we make in the field are a reflection of who we are as a person.

Comment

If you guys want to know every word you can get entire case that was typed by court reporter. It’s a deer. I bet a lot of you would stop talking to a family member if they shot a deer on yalls lease that was on the off limits list. Myself I s just a deer

Comment

Honestly I’ve yet to even hear it all i don’t pester him about it cause it’s not my business, and hunting is not what me and Travis friendship is built on. So MY stance is he’s stated his case to those that have a right to know. Anyone else Travis doesn’t owe anything to whether you or i think so

I disagree. Free range deer are the property of the state and sort of every other law abiding hunter. If your Godly friend had not illegally taken the deer what is to say some other honest hunter would not have taken him the next week. He robbed all of the other hunters in that area of the chance for the glory of killing a state record deer. Deer like that are few and far between. The fact is your friend is a criminal. I don't care if you like him or not.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Grayson View Post
                        You've said this 3-4 times on this thread.

Do you believe that Travis is completely innocent and killed the deer legally?

Clearly there was something not done within the law. what i honestly don’t know? i haven’t asked him nor do i care as i said earlier me and Travis talk about much more than hunting and I’m not on here claiming his innocence im claiming he is a good man that makes mistakes just like us all nothing more nothing less

Comment

Will TBH be creating a 271 Lives Matter line of apparel?

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                            I disagree. Free range deer are the property of the state and sort of every other law abiding hunter. If your Godly friend had not illegally taken the deer what is to say some other honest hunter would not have taken him the next week. He robbed all of the other hunters in that area of the chance for the glory of killing a state record deer. Deer like that are few and far between. The fact is your friend is a criminal. I don't care if you like him or not.

-john
                            And i don’t care if your bent out of shape by a deer he’s still a good dude whether your life revolves that much around game animals that’s up to you. I don’t care if you think he’s trash and needs public execution I’ll defend and tell the good he’s done.

-Corey

Comment

Maybe a Poachers Lives Matter line of apparel as well to get the other side of the argument.

Comment

And i don’t care if your bent out of shape by a deer he’s still a good dude whether your life revolves that much around game animals that’s up to you. I don’t care if you think he’s trash and needs public execution I’ll defend and tell the good he’s done.

-Corey
                                I bet he's a hell of dude with multiple poaching violations haha. That's who I want as my friends. No telling how many times he hasn't been caught.

Comment

Working...
                                X