Ball peen hammer to Spike Tomahawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ball peen hammer to Spike Tomahawk

Started from a ball peen about 16 oz, USA stamped. Forgot that my phone was plugged in, but I got a few pics later in the process.

Here it is after some of the Blade was beginning to be forged out, right before I started drifting the eye.

A bit more forging...

Forged to shape all but the spike end. Time for a little profile cleanup on the grinder.

Drifted the eye out larger to fit a regular hammer handle.

Got it close to finished. After this I normalized in the oven and then did a bit of finish grinding. May heat treat tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool !

Comment

Finished the hawk and a blacksmith knife today.

Comment

That is pretty cool

Comment

Really cool.

Theoretically speaking, I bet that little spike would punch through the side wall of a tire...if necessary...just saying.

Comment

Originally posted by Honker View Post
            Really cool.

Theoretically speaking, I bet that little spike would punch through the side wall of a tire...if necessary...just saying.
            Or through your scull if the real business end bounced off something. :-). Awesome work! Love the knife as well.

Comment

Theoretically it would be good for a lot of things, LOL.

Comment

Man, I like that. Cool work.

Comment

No sir that’s a ball peen hammer....

Comment

No sir that’s a ball peen hammer....

Comment

Dang, very nice

Comment

Originally posted by RR 314 View Post
                        Or through your scull if the real business end bounced off something. :-). Awesome work! Love the knife as well.
                        Dang voice recognition. Skull. Although, you could puncture a scull as well. Then you really would be up a creek without a paddle.

Comment

I commend you Jason; I can't swing a hammer in this heat.

Good job.

Comment

Power hammer sure helps, Jank. Alot of detail work and straightening, etc, but the hammer does the heaviest parts of the work. Also, we had a few days in the low 90's after weeks hovering around 100 +/-. I put in the hours on the less hot days Back to 100's all week this week.

Comment

Holy hades! I can barely stand to heat up a blade to quench temps much less getting a chunk of cruforge hot enough to hammer on. And I'm in the shade with my forge too. Come on cold weather.
                              I like that hawk. Might have to copy that one day and instead of a spike make an adze blade from the ball.

Comment

Working...
                              X