No announcement yet.

THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know if there are any turkeys on areas 1 or 2? Deer hunted some out there last fall and winter but never saw nor heard any sign of them on those areas.

Comment

I actually went out to section 2 and heard some. Tried to call them in but I didnt have any luck.

Comment

Took two nice toms in area 4. 19 lb 9 oz and 17 lb. Both had 8 1/2 inch beards.
        Lots of toms gobbling certain days. Got very muddy after all the rain.

Comment

What part of 4 did u hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Ramball36 View Post
            I've heard talk of them completely banning any motor vehicle access out there, any truth to this?
            Gates are still open, but they didn't build them for nothing. Waiting to see. We have a back gate that run to TBR, so hopefully they don't completely ban vehicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Okie in Texas View Post
              Gates are still open, but they didn't build them for nothing. Waiting to see. We have a back gate that run to TBR, so hopefully they don't completely ban vehicles.
              As soon as the rain starts, the park police lock up all the gates to prevent the roads from being wrecked by "mudders." It's gonna be interesting to see on the 4th of July I'm sure they are gonna lock them up also to prevent fireworks being used and left out around the lake, which is kind of a good idea less trash to look at.... Kind of nervous about what they plan on doing come open day of archery season which is gonna be September 29th... Pray they don't make up anything too stupid to give them reason to lock up the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                What part of 4 did u hunt?
                The area where you have to pass the boys ranch to get to. Gates were still open and I drove in as far as I could without tearing things up. Walked the trail along the fields. The trails were very muddy and very hard to walk due to all the ruts, especially at 5 am. Almost stepped on a rattlesnake on the way back out. He was tasty.

Comment

Any rule changes this year on setting up stands and feeders? I didn't set anything last year and had zero luck. this year I'm thinking of setting a tripod stand and a small feeder way in the back away from all the four wheeler trails. As long as no rules have been changed about stands and feeders. any info will be helpfull

Comment

Spoke with Officer Underwood of the SAPD Lake Division no hunting restrictions have changed.... Good to hear Im not the only one hunting the Lake area

Comment

Where do you find most of the hog finds on the Land?

Comment

Also how is the deer population right now?

Comment

can't wait

I'll definitely be out in the area hunting this season. I'm going to try and get up there this week to put up a feeder and cheap camera if my work schedule will allow me to get away. Hopefully this season will end with better results than last years.

On another subject does anyone happen to have a reasonably priced four wheeler for sale? I don't mind driving my f250 at the lake but it sure is loud driving a diesel around. If anyone has one they want to sale that's in running condition please let me know. Thanks

Comment

Whatever happened with the elk?

Comment

I managed to take two nice toms from area 4 as well. Went in at the same area you did. The first weighed in at 17 lbs with 8 1/2 in. beard and the second actually weighed in at 20 1/2 lbs with 10 in. beard.

Comment

That's the strangest thing I was back up in there several days a week with no luck and never saw anyone... I drive a white Toyota tundra 04... I saw one other truck there the entire season once... Maybe a 2000 dodge 2500... That you?

Comment

Working...
                                X