Gas Tank for UTV cleaning and sealing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas Tank for UTV cleaning and sealing

Ok so I have a way older 2000 Kawasaki mule 2510 diesel I have been tracking down a fuel problem on for a while now. I was finally able to track it to rust and debri from my tank restricting the diesel flow causing the utv to bog down ALOT. Does anyone know of a place in our around Houston I can take the tank to have a thorough cleaning and some sort of preventative coating put on the inside of the tank to prevent it from happening again? I had a new tank ordered from Kawasaki only to have them send me a refund and an email stating the tank is no longer available and there aren't any left so now I think this is my only other option.

This is probably no help, but several years ago I was watching one of those hot rod shop shows on tv. They used a 2 part treatment. First part was a solution to clean the tank and second was to seal the inside of the tank. I sure dont remember what they used. Might call Summit Racing or Jegs. Maybe one of them can help.

Comment

Should be plenty of tank coating companies in the Houston area, it is pretty big in the oilfield. They may not be able to do a tank that small though.
      http://www.donhart.com/ found this on a quick Google search
      Last edited by mrc; 09-19-2018, 12:09 PM.

Comment

have you tried to flush out the tank ? What I've done quite a few times on old cars and tractors is take the tank out and then put in a short piece of chain and shake it around a bunch then reach in with a wire and pull out the chain then flush out the tank real good , they do make an epoxy gas tank sealer but I've never had good luck with it tend to come off down the road and cause more problem than its worth

Comment

MRC yeah I found that one also and left them a message so just waiting to hear back to see if they can do it.

Comment

saw that one earlier as well and it looks like its in worse shape than my current one granted I cant see the inside of it.

Comment

They make a product that used to be called Kreme to coat the inside. I saw it used on motorcycle tanks. I would think that vinegar and BB's would give a good cleaning

Comment

Muriatic acid will clean one out! Just watch the vapors.......

You might check this stuff out. Never used it, but heard it was legit.

Comment

Can you just get a boat tank, may be a cheaper option.

Comment

Working...
                  X