Bay City update ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bay City update ?

Heard the town was going to be under 10' water, anyone know the status ?

heard they were under mandatory evacuation, not 100% sure on it though.

Comment

I was wondering how that could be true. That's where I'm from and we are set to open a tackle shop there in a couple weeks. My cousin is a sheriffs deputy there so I'll call him for an update. I talked to him earlier and he said it was getting bad but didn't elaborate. I'm still at home. I live out by Cedar Lane. I've got my boat on the truck ready to help out if needed.

Comment

My uncle sent me this pic, it's supposedly Riverway apartments, they're on Hamman Rd. close to 60 going out of town. Can't verify its authenticity but if it's true then it's not good. I generally tend to doubt stuff on Facebook.

Comment

It was reported on NBC nightly news while ago, that BC was looking at 10' of water. I thought I heard the judge say that about 1/3 of the population had still not evacuated.
          Last edited by HeyMikey; 08-28-2017, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Downtown area around K2 has water up a pretty good ways.

Comment

My parents south of bay city in Wadsworth are still there. Dad said north wind is helping the water recede at his place. Went down about 18 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh it's true.

Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:27 pm | Updated: 11:55 pm, Sun Aug 27, 2017.

Brenda Burr

At approximately 10:30 last night, Sunday, August 27, 2017 County Judge, Nate McDonald, EOC Director, and Bay City Mayor Mark Bricker made a joint announcement.

"Today the Matagorda County Emergency Operations Center received a flood model from the Texas State Operations Center that projects severe flooding of every structure in Bay City with up to 10 feet of water in downtown. Western Gulf Rivers Forecast Center and the National Weather Service have confirmed the accuracy of this model,” the announcement said.

This flooding will close Highway 35 West and prevent the ability to evacuate after tomorrow, Monday August 28, 2017, approximately at 1:00 p.m. This means there will be absolutely no emergency response, including law enforcement, fire and EMS services, in all areas of the County. Basic services, such as food and water, will not be available. Mandatory Evacuations MUST be completed before this deadline."

Judge McDonald stated, “We don’t take this measure lightly … please heed these directions.”

Steady stream of traffic coming up 71 through El Campo for most of the day today.
                Last edited by Tx_Wader; 08-28-2017, 05:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  Oh it's true.

Posted: Sunday, August 27, 2017 11:27 pm | Updated: 11:55 pm, Sun Aug 27, 2017.

Brenda Burr

At approximately 10:30 last night, Sunday, August 27, 2017 County Judge, Nate McDonald, EOC Director, and Bay City Mayor Mark Bricker made a joint announcement.

"Today the Matagorda County Emergency Operations Center received a flood model from the Texas State Operations Center that projects severe flooding of every structure in Bay City with up to 10 feet of water in downtown. Western Gulf Rivers Forecast Center and the National Weather Service have confirmed the accuracy of this model,” the announcement said.

This flooding will close Highway 35 West and prevent the ability to evacuate after tomorrow, Monday August 28, 2017, approximately at 1:00 p.m. This means there will be absolutely no emergency response, including law enforcement, fire and EMS services, in all areas of the County. Basic services, such as food and water, will not be available. Mandatory Evacuations MUST be completed before this deadline."

Judge McDonald stated, “We don’t take this measure lightly … please heed these directions.”

Steady stream of traffic coming up 71 through El Campo for most of the day today.
                  My cousin is a sheriffs deputy for Matagorda County, he said they got them out of town.

Wife evacuated this morning and said there was still gas in El Campo, but there were lines and traffic was slow up 71. Tons of water up there.

Comment

I'm not sure what dam it is, but according to what I'm hearing, they have to open a dam to prevent flooding. Maybe in Austin area?

The Colorado will spill the banks and flood all of bay city. Not sure how true it is.

STP hasn't put out much on it yet, but the 10' rumors seem true. I've been hearing it over and over.

Comment

I live in BC, I'm here, no bad , no power, running gen.

Comment

Pretty sure Austin is not letting any water out. There is enough coming down without that. Columbus has water it hasn't seen since 1913 (don't quote me on that)...So it cant be good further south.

Comment

Talked with my friends 3 hours ago. This is their place east of Wadsworth off 521. Every flat spot or depression is holding water. Ditches and creeks are WIDE. They were going to leave this AM but roads flooded and closed. Has bis bay boat at the house if necessary!!!

Comment

My wife got this from somewhere... it's over by Diamond S in bay city.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              I was wondering how that could be true. That's where I'm from and we are set to open a tackle shop there in a couple weeks. My cousin is a sheriffs deputy there so I'll call him for an update. I talked to him earlier and he said it was getting bad but didn't elaborate. I'm still at home. I live out by Cedar Lane. I've got my boat on the truck ready to help out if needed.
                              How is it in cedar lane? I have family on 2540 just down from you. Wondering how bad their house is going to be.

Comment

Working...
                              X