X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let him grow

Comment

Originally posted by txdukklr View Post
      missing eye has zero affect on antler development or even general health.

the deer i shot last year had a broken jaw and was missing an eye, didn't stop him from being the one under the feeder and picking a fight with every single deer that came within a 6 foot circle of him or too close to any kernel of corn he claimed as his.
      Nice buck! On the mount does he only have one eye and a broken looking jaw?

Comment

Originally posted by crazy8 View Post
        I'm wondering, if you shoot him and have him mounted... Are you going to put a patch over his eye?
        ^^^ This... Or a white glass eye with a set of crosshairs on it.

Comment

let him walk, he will be fine. I have seen bucks live several years with only one eye, I have one hanging on the wall that lost his eye at 4 and killed at 8 years old.

Comment

one of the infortunate side effects of a lost eye is the pirate charateristics the deer will often take upon losing an eye.... incomprehensible accents, tendency to walk the plank, and general primitive behavior with desire to drink black powder and rum have been observed.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post
              one of the infortunate side effects of a lost eye is the pirate charateristics the deer will often take upon losing an eye.... incomprehensible accents, tendency to walk the plank, and general primitive behavior with desire to drink black powder and rum have been observed.
              when you need to stop them, you say "arg" instead of mah

Comment

Walk- as long as he is healthy otherwise and not in significant pain.

Comment

No way! We have a 4 yr old 11 pt called one eyed jack ...he was missing his eye last year too...he still is doing great!

Comment

Working...
                  X