? about Pay Pal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

? about Pay Pal

Buyer wants to buy my 6x12 trailer buts wants to pay via Pay Pal. How legit would this be going with a payment thru Pay Pal. buyer said he would have someone come get the trailer once the payment has cleared thru pay pal. never dealt with anything this big on pay Pal and only sold a few small items.

My guess is a scam especially coming from an ad on Cragslist and the buyer is supposedly in the military in Mass!

Scam. It's always "someone else will come get" and for some reason they are ALWAYS in the military.

Comment

sounds like a scam to me too. He'll pick up the trailer then refute with paypal. Lady bought a skeleton from my daughter and did the same thing. Paypal never even asked Denise about, just took the ladies word and says Denise has to repay them. Paypal sucks.

Comment

Do not do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
          sounds like a scam to me too. He'll pick up the trailer then refute with paypal. Lady bought a skeleton from my daughter and did the same thing. Paypal never even asked Denise about, just took the ladies word and says Denise has to repay them. Paypal sucks.
          Why did that make me laugh?

Comment

sounds like a typical scam scenario.

Comment

Scam.

Comment

Walk away from that one

Comment

use Zelle.....

Its immediate and goes directly into your account...you can check your account about 10 seconds late....once money is deposited they cannot retract it...

Never had an issue and I have used it a lot

Paypal does have some protections but its not air tight.....

Comment

With PayPal you could be protected.
                    Just don't do the Friends and Family thing, have a bill of sale for the title transfer, and make the person who picks it up sign an acknowledgement of condition, as well as take a bunch of pics.
                    Anybody who's not a scam artist should also be be willing to get on the phone/Skype with you and provide any documentation you want.

Comment

Scam. Who would buy a trailer sight unseen, and send someone else to pick it up?

Not I.

Comment

I would say, hey, the guy you are sending to get it, PayPal him and have him draw out the cash and bring me cash when he picks up.

From my Make Believe World

Comment

scam

Comment

no way in hell

Comment

Scam. It's always someone who is in the military and is "sending someone to pick it up".

You would think these scammers would come up with an original idea every now and then.

Comment

Working...
                              X