ASA Classic West Monroe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ASA Classic West Monroe

Are you ready shooters????? Looking forward to the big event. Good luck to all the shooters and be safe in your travels. Our trad crew will roll in on Friday afternoon.

Drink lots of water - bring cooling towels, ice packs, anything that you think can help keep you cool. Temps will be over 100 every day.

From the ASA Web site:

Join us for a “Taste of the ASA Classic”

Be sure to be with your fellow competitors from 3:00pm – 7:00pm on Friday August 5th in the ASA Tournament Village as the ASA Sponsors present a special evening of food, fun and prizes. Throughout the village will be all types of food and drinks for you to enjoy and special seminars will be presented. In addition, the Known Distance Range, Practice Range, Delta Bales, Long Shot, and a novelty “Archery Golf” game will be available. Be sure to sign up for the drawings for prizes and products from the ASA Sponsors, and bring the whole family to enjoy a special “Taste of the ASA Classic” with us.

Comment

Leaving Thursday after work. See you guys there.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
        Drink lots of water - bring cooling towels, ice packs, anything that you think can help keep you cool. Temps will be over 100 every day.

From the ASA Web site:

Join us for a “Taste of the ASA Classic”

Be sure to be with your fellow competitors from 3:00pm – 7:00pm on Friday August 5th in the ASA Tournament Village as the ASA Sponsors present a special evening of food, fun and prizes. Throughout the village will be all types of food and drinks for you to enjoy and special seminars will be presented. In addition, the Known Distance Range, Practice Range, Delta Bales, Long Shot, and a novelty “Archery Golf” game will be available. Be sure to sign up for the drawings for prizes and products from the ASA Sponsors, and bring the whole family to enjoy a special “Taste of the ASA Classic” with us.
        Thanks for reminder. Hopefully, the guy who fixes targets will be there. I have a shot out javelina that needs to be fixed.

Comment

FYI....

Don't get in a hurry, especially when entering Ouachita Parish. Trooper Mark Jones, wow, how would I know that name, usually sits in the center median and he don't like Texas people too much.

I wish I were going, or the shoot was the next weekend, as I will be there that weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by DFW PI View Post
            FYI....

Don't get in a hurry, especially when entering Ouachita Parish. Trooper Mark Jones, wow, how would I know that name, usually sits in the center median and he don't like Texas people too much.

I wish I were going, or the shoot was the next weekend, as I will be there that weekend.
            The shoot is at the Quachita Parrish Sherriffs Dept. shooting range. We got the top LEO in Quachita Parrish on our side. This will be our third event there. The local LEO have been very friendly.

Comment

Until

Originally posted by Arrowsmith View Post
              The shoot is at the Quachita Parrish Sherriffs Dept. shooting range. We got the top LEO in Quachita Parrish on our side. This will be our third event there. The local LEO have been very friendly.
              LOL...Don't spread that around to much about the top LEO, he ain't liked too much by some people and they have a HUGE field running for his job this year. Three top contenders I know, and its going to be a tough race.

Oh, I know a bunch of guys that work there, use to work at West Monroe Police myself. But some troopers, well, lets just say they don't care who you are or what you are, they are going to hammer you.

Back in the day when I worked there, a trooper wrote an officer, in uniform, and made him stand on the side of the road while he wrote him.

Anyway, don't want this to turn into anything about this and that, just letting people know to drive safely, especially through that area, and to have fun. Because, a ticket for going 70 in a 60, 30 feet past the speed limit change, will cost right at $200 and they don't offer an probation or defensive driving. Hmmm, this is what I "heard."

Bring me a Larry Larborde for Sheriff sign back so I can put it in my yard

Regards

Bobby
              Last edited by DFWPI; 08-02-2011, 07:53 AM.

Comment

Good luck to all traveling to the shoot!

Comment

Rifle, Dusty Britches and I will be there Wednesday night.
                  I am shooting the best I have all year and I am ready to tear 'em up!

Comment

Half price room!

If anyone needs a room for friday night, I booked an extra one at the Jamison Inn. I will give you a great deal on it!

Comment

"Shooter McClintick" and I will be in town friday evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Meatatarian View Post
                        "Shooter McClintick" and I will be in town friday evening.

So you two will not be joining us at the Horseshoe?

Comment

I have an extra cooling vest I think I'm going to carry with me in case one of my favorite pro's needs it.

(You all are my favorite pros!)

Comment

I gotta miss this one... y'all drive safe, shoot well.
                            Give em a good ol Texas *** whoopin!

Comment

Congrats to the Texas ASA Shooters, the Jones Family will be on vacation, will be praying for straight shooting, and safe driving!

Comment

Working...
                              X