Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best place to fish within 45 mins of Bryan/College station?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best place to fish within 45 mins of Bryan/College station?

I've been pretty set on going to Gibbions and had a thread going on but it seems like the ongoing trend is the Bass fishing is slow there. I'm going to be fishing out of a yak and haven't been fishing at any of the lakes around here. So where should I go, and what to fish with for bass? Thanks for any input guys

You would probably get more responses in the campfire section verses the 3 d section. I always had excellent luck at lake Somerville

Comment

well i definitely clicked Around the Campfire when I wanted to start this thread.... I think...

MODS if you get a chance go ahead and switch me to the right section Thank you

Comment

I have fished Gibbons, Sommerville, and Lake Bryan. I caught many bass at Gibbons and Sommerville. Lake Bryan was not very productive it is more of a recreation lake. Did well on Gibbons with crankbaits and soft plastics. If fishing from a yak would recommend soft plastics in the shallows of the coves close to boat launch. Watermelon and purple worked best for me, but use what you like best. I did well at Sommerville fishing rock structure using crankbaits moving fast across the rocks. Sommerville is cool bc it has largemouth, hybrids and white bass. It is a lot of fun to find a school of white bass and mop up. You are making me get the itch to fish again. Love it! Good luck. Keep us posted.

Comment

Originally posted by Natural Ag10 View Post
          I have fished Gibbons, Sommerville, and Lake Bryan. I caught many bass at Gibbons and Sommerville. Lake Bryan was not very productive it is more of a recreation lake. Did well on Gibbons with crankbaits and soft plastics. If fishing from a yak would recommend soft plastics in the shallows of the coves close to boat launch. Watermelon and purple worked best for me, but use what you like best. I did well at Sommerville fishing rock structure using crankbaits moving fast across the rocks. Sommerville is cool bc it has largemouth, hybrids and white bass. It is a lot of fun to find a school of white bass and mop up. You are making me get the itch to fish again. Love it! Good luck. Keep us posted.
          Sweet thanks, gave me a little hope for Gibbions again!

Comment

Be sure to obey the slot: 14-24 inches are illegal to keep. Also have all of the safety equiptment required by law. The GW love to check you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Natural Ag10 View Post
              Be sure to obey the slot: 14-24 inches are illegal to keep. Also have all of the safety equiptment required by law. The GW love to check you there.
              I have the life jacket and license. I don't need anything else for fishing out of a kayak do I?

And I plan on keeping no fish

Comment

Belton is great also. You could catch some smallie's. use a crankbait. I like a bandit 200series in blue back. Fishn the rock walls on main lake up toward the ****.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                  I've been pretty set on going to Gibbions and had a thread going on but it seems like the ongoing trend is the Bass fishing is slow there. I'm going to be fishing out of a yak and haven't been fishing at any of the lakes around here. So where should I go, and what to fish with for bass? Thanks for any input guys
                  I can take you to a private 50 acre pond just outside of Bryan. I'll be on the water tomorrow evening and again Monday morning. If you'll be around, give me a shout. I have room for one more.

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                    I can take you to a private 50 acre pond just outside of Bryan. I'll be on the water tomorrow evening and again Monday morning. If you'll be around, give me a shout. I have room for one more.
                    I might just take you up on the monday morning offer. Class doesn't start till 1:50 for me

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                      Pm sent sir

Comment

Working...
                      X