Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

best size rifle blind for 2 adults?

I have done the 4x8's before.
    I am going to build atleast 4 blinds to put out this year. I want them atleast big enough for 2 adults. I have always used 4x4 for single and 4x8's for 2 people.
    Whats your choice and can you post pics?

Thx

Friend built a 5x7 last year. I hunted it a few times. It's huge compared to a 4x6 blind. That'd be my preference. I don't think you need the full 8' width but the extra foot of depth gave a lot more space for packs, the heater, et cet.

LWD

Comment

One you can bow hunt out of , 6x6 works real nice

Comment

Originally posted by Rtree1 View Post
        One you can bow hunt out of , 6x6 works real nice
        He's specifically asking about a rifle blind.

Tagged for ideas.

Comment

5x6 is perfect IMO
          Built a 5X7 that was too large for 2 people (it was great when both my kids hunted with me and my wife) and required too much movement to check all the windows (especially when your "better half" is napping)
          Hunted out of a 4X5 last year and it was freakin brutal, couldn't stretch out

Comment

5x5....

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
              Friend built a 5x7 last year. I hunted it a few times. It's huge compared to a 4x6 blind. That'd be my preference. I don't think you need the full 8' width but the extra foot of depth gave a lot more space for packs, the heater, et cet.

LWD
              This. And inside window ledge to rest your rifle/gear on.

Comment

We built 5x8 for the company lease. Before them we had some 4x6 too small and 4x8 too narrow for the tall guys.

Comment

5x6 is perfect for 2 adults to sit comfortably. That’s what we built at our farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

6x6

That is the smallest I'll build, for just me. I don't like anyone well enough to want to be cramped together. I like to sit for long periods, so I like to stretch my legs, lean back my chair, and get comfy. 6x8 would be good for a 2 man blind. I will never, ever, build another 4x8. That darn thing is just too shallow to get comfortable.

Comment

I do the same and it is perfect

Originally posted by canny View Post
                      5x6 is perfect for 2 adults to sit comfortably. That’s what we built at our farm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      I do the same and it is perfect

Comment

nothing smaller than 5x6 IMO

Also take into account who you and your hunting partner are. If you're larger gentlemen (or ladies) that space can shrink quickly with two people in there.

Comment

6x6 is minimum even for me alone. plenty of room to lay down if needed. With 2 people you still have room for gear and a heater when it is cold. It is large enough to draw a bow out of if you add a couple 12 inch by 24 inch vertical windows. 4 x anything is way too narrow for my liking.

Comment

6x6 is plenty of room for 2 people, a camera, a dog, and just about anything else you want to be crammed in there with. Enough room for rifle and bow hunting.

Sent from my LGLS675 using Tapatalk

Comment

6x8 is what I built a couple years ago. It is freaking huge and freaking heavy but man is it comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                              X