Big Green Egg Cleanup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Green Egg Cleanup

I bought a small BGE on here. Functionally just fine but looked a bit tired. I also wanted to build a rolling base for the RV. Still need to mount the wheels and add a few touches. Thought y’all might be interested.

Before:

On the base. Fresh coat of high heat rustoleum on all metal parts after wire wheel/sander treatment:

Mesquite handle with true oil:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks brand new !!

Comment

I am a big fan of a small cart style table at the least if you can manage it. I have seen a few take a tumble over a small pebble or expansion joint when riding in the nest as they call it. There are lots of simple plans out there for the BGE.

Comment

Well done, good sir.

Comment

looks good

Comment

Now we're mobile

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Overkill is simply awesome!! That looks great! I cooked on mine for the first time since Thanksgiving and looked at my bands and handle and I thought of this thread. Great job and really dig the wheels!

Comment

Thanks. Overkill for sure but I like it. My wife realized at one point it already had wheels. [emoji23] Might have been when I was welding nuts onto allthread because I couldn’t find bolts long enough. It rolls over anything now. Air hose wasn’t even a challenge. I’ll throw a strap around it for travel and moving for extra safety.

Comment

Add a few accessories and you are golden.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Wife might draw the line at that upgrade. Test drive- just enough real estate for us. Tiny after a few years with the xl though.

Comment

Now you're cooking!! Tell me about that gasket and how did you clean the inside of your Egg?

Comment

Those look amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
                          Now you're cooking!! Tell me about that gasket and how did you clean the inside of your Egg?

Gasket was on it but appears to be a Rutland. Can be purchased online at ace, through a member on the egghead forum, among other places I’m sure. Cleaning is easy- scrub with a ball of aluminum foil to get anything loose and then burn it out if needed, which it most likely won’t be. I’m in the camp of hot grease or fire take scare of anything so I let it run at 600 or so for about a half hour after the scrub.

Steaks were amazing. Grass fed steer from a friend so it doesn’t get any better.

Comment

Working...
                          X