Your thoughts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your thoughts...

Now this may be somewhat normal but I’ve never seen it in my 40+ years of hunting
    And apologies but I did not get pics.
    I was sitting in the stand with my wife this weekend and had deer everywhere. I see a deer coming in way off in the distance, throw up the binos’s and say “hmmm, another doe. Who would of thunk it.
    As she gets closer I think “dang..that is a BIG doe”. She gets up next to the feed pen, she rivals the size of some of the bucks.
    Then she starts pawing at the ground and chewing some branches above her head (working a scrape) the she puts her nose to the ground and starts chasing a doe. She chases it right by my stand and I mean within 5 yards of it. That’s when I notice she has a big swollen neck, dark urine soaked tarsals

But. Not. One. Antler
    Not broken off antlers, no nubs like you’d see on a button buck. This thing didn’t even have pedicles....nothing but the body size of a 5 year old buck

It was weired and I apologize again for not snapping pics
    Last edited by K. Lane; 11-17-2019, 08:07 PM.

Bruce Jenner doe

Comment

That’s cool - never heard of that before.

Comment

Typical of the times---the doe identifies as a buck.

Comment

Well, we have heard of antlered does. Why not antlerless bucks?

Comment

Thats crazy stuff man.

Comment

I think we an antlerless buck at my camp a couple years ago. I grunted it in once. Big, square head, swollen neck, the whole deal. Crazy! I should have shot it but I couldn’t figure it out in time.

Guy that hunts with me said he watched a “doe” chase and attempt to breed another doe during that same time period. I’m betting it was the same deer.

Comment

Never heard of it before! That is wild.

Comment

We shoot bodies. The buck I killed a couple of weeks back was 130 pounds with a kind of smallish 8 points in the Hill Country.
                  Seeing a big buck / doe is a once in a lifetime deer. Try to take it................

Comment

Shoot it and tag it as antlerless. Perfectly legal if no antlers are protruding through the skin and if it is a buck you don't want it spreading a possible genetic defect around.

Comment

As far as tags go you would tag it with the Antlerless tag. If I see one of those I will try to take it. I wouldn't want those genetics in the herd.

Comment

Working...
                      X