X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
    Lmj wont be in the pen.
    Other stuff is interesting though.
    no, I may have misworded it. I aint sayin put lance in the pen, Put Urquidy in the pen for long relief and to spot start here and there for Lance since he will most assuredly be on inning restrictions since he is coming back from TJ surgery

Comment

Another interesting stat..on Harris pitch to Kendrick...

Comment

Another interesting stat..on Harris pitch to Kendrick...
        Baseball statisticians are the best. Someone actually researched that.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Baseball statisticians are the best. Someone actually researched that.
          Came from harris fan twitter acct..

Comment

I am a "Harris fan", have been for a while, but especially this season... I thought he should have been the closer over Blosuna all year... but having said that, I'd have put Cole in the game over any other pitcher on the bench that night!

Last game of the season, difference between a championship or loser, you gotta go with your best, no holes barred... JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              I am a "Harris fan", have been for a while, but especially this season... I thought he should have been the closer over Blosuna all year... but having said that, I'd have put Cole in the game over any other pitcher on the bench that night!

Last game of the season, difference between a championship or loser, you gotta go with your best, no holes barred... JMHO

Exactly....closer...starter...middle of the inning...

blah blah blah....

Cole was warmed up and expected to come in...
              As great as I believe Hinch is...he blew it...and I think he knows it

You dont go down with your ace sitting in the dugout

It was 2-1 and I take my chances that Cole can get me 8 outs

The excitement alone might have boosted the stros bats

Comment

Cole lost game 1...so yeh ..nothings a sure thing...

Comment

Y’all gotta quit with this Cole thing...power starters on 2 days rest are FAR from a great option.

The best option was already in the game at ~80 pitches and dominating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

blah blah blah....

Harris has been the best pitcher out of the bull pen during the post season and had gotten them out of a lot of jams. I would of kept Grenke in but if your putting someone in, Harris was the right call in that situation. Cole should of started the next ending. Not that it would of mattered anyways, you said the series was over after game 2.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post

blah blah blah....

AJ Hinch didnt blow the game. Leaving runners stranded and not being able to drive them in lost that game.

Cole could have came in the game instead of Harris, and if Kendrick still hits the homerun, then everyone blames Hinch that Cole didnt have enough rest... That was a no win deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                        Y’all gotta quit with this Cole thing...power starters on 2 days rest are FAR from a great option.

The best option was already in the game at ~80 pitches and dominating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Yep, and the game was lost by the offense leaving an entire army of men on base the first half of the game. That game could have been easily 8-0 at the point Greinke walked Soto. That game was on the offense, not the pitching and not Hinch. I do disagree with Hinch pulling Greinke because he is even more dominating the third time through the order vs the first and second. Hinch panicked a bit but the game was lost by the offense. You cant expect to get 5 chances to bring runs home against top tier pitching and come up empty. Just balls in play would have yielded a couple more runs.
                        Last edited by rtp; 11-06-2019, 02:13 PM.

Comment

Astros may need to pick up a black cat or two. Not sure you could ask for a much more talented team than they had this year.

Comment

Comment

Trading Correa to sign Rendon makes no sense financially.

Rendon will get a contract similar to Cole.

Comment

Sounds like Ryan may have been the “brains” behind the false statement that came out defending assistant gm?

Comment

Working...
                                X