No announcement yet.

Not ready for the season yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't been to the lease since March! Fish are biting!!!

Ready for cooler weather so I can shank slabs and not sweat to death doing it!

Comment

haven't been since st. paddy's

Comment

Going up Sunday to finish the feed pen and get the feeders filled back up. Built a new blind 2 weeks ago up there but need to fix up an existing one. Hopefully that should get us where we need to be

Comment

Life is much more enjoyable when not worrying about all that stuff
          I dont have cameras, feeders,need to mow grass or cut limbs and i guarente i enjoy every hunting trip

Comment

ME

I have access to a new property (400 acres) that all i had to do was help maintain it and i get to hunt for free. Now im so busy, i dont really have time for my home property to get setup, nor do i have the time to get out and setup last seasons property. It has been sitting idle since the close of last season. Heck, i doubt i even get to hunt each property this year.

Comment

We got access back to our old place in Colorado County (800 acres). Its for sale. So just have feeders out now. Well 3 of the 5 of us do.

Comment

Been feeding at several locales. Coons have been tearing me up so I killed a bunch but let the corn lapse because forage has been good enough. Ive been dumping bags of protein and theyre getting hoovered up...always see deer hanging around the sites. I still need to move one blind and feeder setup because the deer come from the north or east and I approach from the south and east so Im blowing and trailing my stink to the deer because of the south wind.

Comment

We got off our lease so all our stuff has been stacked since June 1st. Good news is, the reason we got off is my good friend and hunting partner bought a place and I will be hunting there. He doesn't close on the property until next month, so when he "gets the keys" we will scramble to get some set-ups in place by October.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                    We got off our lease so all our stuff has been stacked since June 1st. Good news is, the reason we got off is my good friend and hunting partner bought a place and I will be hunting there. He doesn't close on the property until next month, so when he "gets the keys" we will scramble to get some set-ups in place by October.
                    New place new fun....good luck

Comment

I'm definitely behind from getting things out this year just been real busy. It will work out though it always does. Can't wait!!

Comment

I'm in the same boat! Still have cameras out from last year that haven't been checked since about Feb. We will be getting on it shortly though!

Comment

this is the first time in 4 years that I have a place to bow hunt opening weekend. I am beyond ready.

Comment

Not much to do on public land except a little scouting of last years' spots a few weeks ahead of time to make sure the deer are still using the same trails and bedding areas.

Comment

Lease only 75 miles from my doorstep but way behind as well. Drove around the lease about a month ago checking on recent oil field activity but didn't do any work. Too darn hot. If the rain holds off, hopefully getting out this weekend to get a couple feeders going and spraying wasps in the stands. Hopefully can get the teenager and a couple friends to trim back some access roads in exchange for shooting up a bunch of .22 ammo...

Comment

Feeders are running and cameras are out. We've been mowing all summer around the camp house and will start mowing stands in a couple weeks. It seems like we're behind every year. Cutting hay and tending to other property makes it hard to get to the lease sometimes.

Comment

Working...
                                X