Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stop lights? We don't need no stinking stop lights!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop lights? We don't need no stinking stop lights!!!

This is mesmerizing and at the same time terrifying and annoying! It is absolutely amazing that there is not a fender bender, at a minimum, every 5 seconds!! Danger coming from all directions!

Oh wow! That's insane

Comment

Having driven in Haiti, crazy is right!!

Comment

I like that "drive beside the bus" tactic.

Comment

That video is sped up a bit but that is how it is in India and Philippines as well.

Comment

I'm sure if they slow it down it wouldn't looks so bad but dang halfway through a blue and white van just bust through faster than any car in the whole video.

Comment

Drive by feel...........

Comment

Then you got people trying to walk across the road in all that.... That's crazy.

Comment

That's just crazy.

During my oilfield days I worked on a blowout offshore from Macae' Brazil. We flew into Rio and took a taxi at night to Macae'. The driver was driving fast and as he would approach a a hill, while passing in the oncoming lane, he would turn his lights off to see if any vehicles were coming.

On the way back to Rio 28 days later we hit rush hour traffic. It was wild until we hit a traffic jam. Our driver was trying to merge and put the bumper of his taxi up against a car that had refused to let him in. The other driver reached out the window and started banging on the hood. He then pulled up, got out and ran up to the taxi driver screaming. The taxi driver calmly reached down and put a pistol in the other guys face. Thankfully the other driver returned to his car.

Comment

Crazy driving at its finest

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow...hard to believe you can watch that and not see even 1 accident. Amazing to see all the pedestrians and folks on bikes cross as well.

I imagine that video is a relatively small sample size and that place has it’s share of calamity.

Comment

I have been in many countries that the driving is exactly like that. And horns are constantly blowing. Intersections like that can become completely clogged and someone finally inches thru. Whoever is the most aggressive gets thru, but no one gets mad. That is how they think driving is supposed to be. Quite interesting to live in that actually. And you seldom see an accident.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                          I have been in many countries that the driving is exactly like that. And horns are constantly blowing. Intersections like that can become completely clogged and someone finally inches thru. Whoever is the most aggressive gets thru, but no one gets mad. That is how they think driving is supposed to be. Quite interesting to live in that actually. And you seldom see an accident.
                          Reminds you of the intersection of White Oak Rd and Center St, doesn't it Rick?

Back in my banking days, I traveled to Mexico City occasionally, and they have many roundabouts there. I don't think the drivers could operate if their cars did not have horns. Constant honking, and none of the other drivers paid attention. They were too busy honking, too!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                            Reminds you of the intersection of White Oak Rd and Center St, doesn't it Rick?

Back in my banking days, I traveled to Mexico City occasionally, and they have many roundabouts there. I don't think the drivers could operate if their cars did not have horns. Constant honking, and none of the other drivers paid attention. They were too busy honking, too!
                            I lived in Egypt for 2 years. We did not travel outside the city at night much because people thought that if the lights were on, it would run down your battery (yes, they really thought this). You would be going down a dark highway and all of a sudden an oncoming car that was driving w no lights would turn them on bright about 100 yards from you, that would get your attention!! Driving in the city was not too big of a problem, there was usually enough light that you could see them.

We would come home each summer for 2-3 weeks for vacation, and I would hear the smog alerts on the radio for people to not use their mowers that day. I would laugh and think that if people could see the haze that is over Cairo every day from car exhaust, that a mower was not even a consideration....lots of interesting stories....

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                              I lived in Egypt for 2 years. We did not travel outside the city at night much because people thought that if the lights were on, it would run down your battery (yes, they really thought this). You would be going down a dark highway and all of a sudden an oncoming car that was driving w no lights would turn them on bright about 100 yards from you, that would get your attention!! Driving in the city was not too big of a problem, there was usually enough light that you could see them.

We would come home each summer for 2-3 weeks for vacation, and I would hear the smog alerts on the radio for people to not use their mowers that day. I would laugh and think that if people could see the haze that is over Cairo every day from car exhaust, that a mower was not even a consideration....lots of interesting stories....
                              Mexico City had the haze fog also. I can remember my eyes burning by the time I left after a couple days.

Comment

Working...
                              X