No announcement yet.

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I went yesterday afternoon. Water was trout green to the beach. Lost an 18” trout at the net horsing him like a jackass. Caught a bunch of 14” trout. Not much bait in the water. Should have gone Tuesday.

A young dude was fishing next to us. He got cut off clean and walked back to his truck to tie on something new. Came back out and caught a decent size Spaniard. Walked back in and when he cleaned that fish he found his lure that he had just lost in his belly.

I was told when I was young to fish incoming tides for the surf, and that has mainly held true for me. What is y’all’s experience with that?
    Last edited by El General; 08-07-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

My buddies are on the water today in East Matagorta slaying them. Pi**ed I couldn’t make the trip. Kids daycare got shut down due to a Covid case and I’m daddy daycare. They just sent this on Marco Polo...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post

I was told when I was young to fish incoming tides for the surf, and that has mainly held true for me. What is y’all’s experience with that?
        Always like the incoming tide. Usually cleaner & brings fish closer to beach.

Comment

Originally posted by CentralTXHunter View Post
          My buddies are on the water today in East Matagorta slaying them. Pi**ed I couldn’t make the trip. Kids daycare got shut down due to a Covid case and I’m daddy daycare. They just sent this on Marco Polo...

Man, that's down right dirty of 'em!

Comment

Are they fishing with josh?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

No. One our buddies has a house on East Matagorta and a 25’ Gulf Coast Variside. They’re fishing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                Are they fishing with josh?

[emoji41]

Comment

Bring the kids!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                    [emoji41]

Lord I apologize for the starving pygmies in new Guinea amen[emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
                      Bring the kids!

LOL! My 5 year old I totally could. My 16 month old daughter.... not so much.

Comment

I’m going to jet down there tomorrow and get Saturday evening and Sunday morning in, but they had an epic day today. They also hauled in a 36” red and let her go.

Comment

LOL! My 5 year old I totally could. My 16 month old daughter.... not so much.

10-4. [emoji23]

Comment

2020 Saltwater Thread Part II

It must have been pretty easy out there this morning in East Bay, even my brother caught fish. Lol. Funniest thing, he sends me a pic that says not a bad day. I guarantee that it is his best day he’s ever had out there. Lol. Boy can’t catch fish.

Comment

First wade trip for me and my youngest (by ourselves) yesterday. A little tougher than a “Blackfin Grind” but we managed 3 keepers after a full day of fishing POC. Caught lots of undersized reds and a few small trout...all on purple/chartreuse DSL and Vudu Shrimp. Got a couple of bonus sharks at jetties to top off the day. He said he needed a break because his legs were tired. [emoji23] I think he’s hooked!

Comment

^Nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X