Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chili

Chili

This recipe makes a lot. Cut in half to serve 4-6 people.

3 large onions
    1 large bell pepper
    2 cans of stewed tomatoes
    2 cans tomato sauce
    2 cans of rotel
    2 large cans of ranch style beans and one regular can
    1/3 cup of Worcestershire sauce
    ½ cup of liquid smoke
    2 packs of Lawrey’s chili mix
    1 tablespoon of Tony Chachere’s or steak seasoning
    1 can of beer
    1 pound of smoked sausage (cook and drain)
    4-5 pounds of ground hamburger or venison (cook and drain)

how long you cook everything together? the longer the better I take it?

Comment

Tried the chili recipe, I wasn't sure my wife would like it since she normally doesn't like to eat onions, tomatoes, or spicy food, but the next day at lunch she called me and told me how much she loved the chili, and how good it would be at the ranch. Since it makes quite a bit, she made some corn bread to go with it the second night and that made it even better. Thanks for the recipe.
      >>>>>--------------->
      Last edited by badshot; 03-15-2007, 10:14 PM. Reason: changes

Comment

Well it was done for me when I started feeling pretty good from finishing off the rest of the beer that came along with the one required for the recipe. I think I cooked mine for about an hour simmering with lid on. I'm going to try the bleu cheese jalapeno burgers this weekend>>>>---------->

Comment

Deer Chili Recipe

10#’s deer chili
          1 large Onion diced
          10 cloves garlic chopped
          20 oz. Beef broth
          Water
          16 oz. Tomato Sauce
          6 oz. Tomato Paste
          20 oz. Diced Tomato’s
          3 cans Red Kidney Beans
          8 potatoes cut in small chunks (optional potatoes will cut the heat and get rid of excess liquid and salt)
          1 Jalapeno Pepper
          ¼-1/3-cup Light Chili Powder
          4 Tablespoons Black Pepper
          6 Tablespoons Paprika
          2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
          1 teaspoon Sage
          1 Tablespoon Cumin
          3 Tablespoons Vegetable oil
          Salt to Taste

Heat large pot. Set to medium high heat. Pour in oil and drop in onions and garlic. Let sauté for a minute or two and drop in ground meat. Cook until meat is brown. Next add in chili powder, paprika, black pepper, cocoa powder, and sage and stir. Next add in beef broth. After the beef broth add water until you have about an inch and a half of water on top of the meat. Bring back to a boil. Next add in tomato sauce, paste, and diced tomatoes. Bring back to a boil. When it is back at a boil drop in the jalapeno. Reduce heat to medium cover and cook for 1 hour stirring about every five to ten minutes to make sure nothing is sticking.
          After 1 hour drop in potatoes (optional). Cover for 15 more minutes and remove lid. Then add in kidney beans and Cumin. Cook until potatoes are fork tender or the liquid has been reduced about an inch and a half from when you started then salt to taste last.

***Note adjust the paprika and chili powder to your liking. You are your own chef and know what you like. If it’s to hot add some ketchup and a little water.

Comment

Working...
          X