Honey/Pecan Pan Seared Pork

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honey/Pecan Pan Seared Pork

So I took my boys to Cabelas on Sunday and we generally end the trip upstairs in the shooting cave area where my boys like to let the coyote have it! I picked up some of the Honey Pecan seasoning in the spice area. There is a really good recipe on the side of the bottle that I tried last night.

I took 2 Costco monster boneless pork chops and cut them down to 4 thinner pieces. I then mixed 1/2 cup honey with 1/2 cup dark beer (Shiner Bock) and let that sit. Next I took the seasoning and added some crushed pecans. Heat mabye 3-5 tablespoons of olive oil in an oven safe pan. Tony's/pepper the pork then dip in honey/beer mixture then the dry rub with pecans. Sear off the pork in the pan for 3-4 minutes on each side and then finish off in the oven for 8-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Make sure your skillet is not too hot as you do not want all the sugar in the rub/marinade to burn. Once I pulled the pork chops, I dropped a few tablespoons of butter in the pan to deglaze which made a nice finishing sauce. I served this with some fresh steamed broccoli and cous cous. My wife and I absolutley loved it. We hope you do too.

ty

Comment

Working...
    X