Age please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Age please

Had this buck recently start showing up on of my cameras and having a difficult time getting aging him. What you guys think?
    Attached Files

1.5-2.5 looks really young to me

Comment

Either too young or super old. A lot of staining on his tarsals if he is young...

Comment

Originally posted by 2coolforschool View Post
        Either too young or super old. A lot of staining on his tarsals if he is young...
        That's the problem I was having...Some pictures make him look 2.5 and some make him look like an old deer on the decline. Im going out for a sit this evening. Might just need to see him in person.

Comment

Pay attention to how he eats corn. If he drops kernels here and there and slobbers all over the place, you’ll have your answer.

Comment

Extremely young deer. Look at who he is hanging out with as well.

Comment

Thanks for the help guys

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Young deer, 2.5 years old. The really old bucks (in general) will have a saggy brisket where it used to be filled out, flopping donkey ears and knobby arthritic knees. He has nothing the screams old, to me.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Young

Comment

2 at the most. Why is hard to age him? Straight back and belly, little rump, racehorse look, baby face and a dinky rack.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                            2 at the most. Why is hard to age him? Straight back and belly, little rump, racehorse look, baby face and a dinky rack.
                            I was thinking he was super young. I just had several pictures where his tarsals appeared very dark and some video (cant get to post) where he was acting very lackadaisical. Was really just acting like an older deer so figured I would get some other opinions.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X