Lost a Game Warden recently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lost a Game Warden recently

Just saw a post from a great friend, and they went to the retirement party...
    Game Warden in young county Brent Isom has retired.........
    I had met him in person, the night he scared the total crap out of me.. I hunt E of Olney, and he was patrolling and I had just returned from taking my pup for a evening stroll, and dinner, walked out the front door to have a smoke... and as I stepped out the front door of the barn. Isom and a Wichita game warden was w/ him, ( in pitch black) and his first words after his intro was I am glad you didnt walk out to take a leak...lol...... so I intro myself, and we talked about 15 mins, and he explained about the barn I was staying in, and the years he had watched it, and attempted to catch the guys who cooked meth in it.. So I learned about the drug barn, and its story. He was great, I invited him in and offer anything to drink, he did due process, and all was well, he gave me a card, and told me if I needed anything to holler, and the stories I heard about him was priceless, he was a cobra in his younger days and you didnt cross him, he was good at finding things... Well wishes Brent, have a great retirement..

That's cool!

Comment

Comment

Very cool!

Comment

Originally posted by Jakesfish View Post
          Just saw a post from a great friend, and they went to the retirement party...
          Game Warden in young county Brent Isom has retired.........
          I had met him in person, the night he scared the total crap out of me.. I hunt E of Olney, and he was patrolling and I had just returned from taking my pup for a evening stroll, and dinner, walked out the front door to have a smoke... and as I stepped out the front door of the barn. Isom and a Wichita game warden was w/ him, ( in pitch black) and his first words after his intro was I am glad you didnt walk out to take a leak...lol...... so I intro myself, and we talked about 15 mins, and he explained about the barn I was staying in, and the years he had watched it, and attempted to catch the guys who cooked meth in it.. So I learned about the drug barn, and its story. He was great, I invited him in and offer anything to drink, he did due process, and all was well, he gave me a card, and told me if I needed anything to holler, and the stories I heard about him was priceless, he was a cobra in his younger days and you didnt cross him, he was good at finding things... Well wishes Brent, have a great retirement..
          Havent you told that story here before?

Comment

Good for Mr Isom! Thanks for sharing Jakesfish.

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing it, Jake!

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                Havent you told that story here before?
                I might have told a partial of it never the full story

Comment

The thread title had me expecting a death

Comment

I was 15 am and pretty sure I was the first one he ever "questioned" fast forward 25 years and we are great friends. I will miss him greatly but I have him as a friend and still talk to Brent often. His replacement has some big shoes to fill. He is alive and well just enjoying his new occupation and weekends off.
                    Last edited by mrc; 01-27-2018, 12:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd-ty729 View Post
                      The thread title had me expecting a death
                      Me to. Glad we was wrong.

Comment

Good read that is for sharing.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I tell my stories over and over cool story thanks for sharing

Comment

I have posted a time or two about my encounters with this game warden. We lease a dove field for the season every year near Woodson. He has checked us every year that I have hunted there. We have about 20 guys that hunt in our group. He has never issued a citation or a warning to us. Anytime that we take a guest, we make sure that they have a hunting license with HIP certification, have their shotgun plugged and know that the limit is 15 doves. He has been so nice and courteous to us that it would make us ashamed to have broken a law or had a guest do that. The manner in which he has conducted himself when dealing with us has created a great "partnership" towards protecting the resource and being 100% compliant. Last year he checked our field on opening day at about 5:00 PM as the birds were coming in. He made the drive around 80 acres and checked 17 hunters in less than 15 minutes. Quick, painless and easy for everyone. He will be a hard act to follow.

Comment

I wonder how many years he was a warden? I've met him on several occasions and have even called him a few times. Always seemed to be a nice guy!

Comment

Working...
                              X