No announcement yet.

Killing Mesquite trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a 20 inch dymax tree shear that goes on my skidsteer and has a spray nozel on the back to spray the stump after. When you cut the tree you change everything. You have to get enough poison dow to the roots for a good kill. I use a gallon of remedy to two gallons of diesel. It does not take much but you have to spray the entire top and it has to be clean. Any dirt on top and it will sprout. For un cut trees I like a basil treatment. I use 12 oz of remedy in three gal of diesel and just ring the bottom of the tree. This might sound crazy but the older lager rough barked trees are easier to kill than young. If you mix it too strong you just kill the tops and roots will sprout back. I like to see a month long slow die. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
      how much sendero are you mixing per gal. of water?
      1.5 ounce per gallon

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        1.5 ounce per gallon
        are you putting a surfactant or anything with it? i have heard you can mix 1/4remedy and 3/4s sendero with water, was wondering if that would work.

Comment

Originally posted by txpanhandle32 View Post
          are you putting a surfactant or anything with it? i have heard you can mix 1/4remedy and 3/4s sendero with water, was wondering if that would work.
          Yes sir. I use a couple of cups. I bet that mixture would work

Comment

I agree with the Remedy and diesel mix

Comment

Keep laying the wood to them. Most times when i spray stumps, it kills the plant, but only when applied immediately after. If i wait, i see shoots. Have found Remedy/Diesel work best for me. I have started just spraying the trunk up from the ground about 2 feet and all the way around. That usually gets any I spray unless its an older/bigger tree.

Comment

Remedy with diesel works the best

Comment

For stump spray 25% remedy 75% diesel. Spray right after you cut it.

Stem spray 15% remedy 85% diesel on the smaller smooth bark trees. Larger rough bark trees 25/75.

Spray around bottom 8-10" of trunk.

Diesel mix is not a leaf spray.

Sendero is mixed at 1%, .25% surfactant, .50% blue dye. This is for leaf spray only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X