Small Business Owner Marketing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small Business Owner Marketing

Do any of you TBH small business owners utilize social media or use an outside source for marketing?

I currently work a full time job and have a baby on the way. I have been tossing around ideas of ways to bring in a second income while my wife is on maternity leave. I hope this income I find, I will be able to keep her home with our child.

Anyways, I have been tossing around social media management and/or helping businesses with their marketing. Coming from a small business owner, do you see a demand in a service like this that you could find yourself utilizing? Or do you already use a similar service? Please feel free to shoot me a PM.

Pm sent.

Comment

I'm in the exact same situation as you right now. Following along

Comment

I understand your concept but it is a very crowded business vein. As a small business we get inundated on a weekly basis for social media marketing and seo services - all day, every day. I'm not saying that you can't or shouldn't make a go at it but you will have lots and lots of company. My advice in looking for supplemental income would be niche and specialized markets and services in your local area. Good luck - I hope you find something that can keep your wife at home with the kid.

Comment

I have tried everything to market my company. The least effective was internet anything.
          Done 8500 postcards so far this year......

Comment

I've never done marketing of any kind and have plenty of work for the last 30 years. If you have a good product and good service at a good price advertising is not crucial to your success IMO. If you're a start-up maybe you need to get your name out there but other than that I don't see the need personally.

Comment

I own a small side business. I'm always torn about advertising through social media. I would probably never use a service like you are talking about unless they could guarantee a certain return on my money. And with the little I have to spend I my money would be better spent in other ways.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                I have tried everything to market my company. The least effective was internet anything.
                How have your mailing results been?

Comment

PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                    I own a small side business. I'm always torn about advertising through social media. I would probably never use a service like you are talking about unless they could guarantee a certain return on my money. And with the little I have to spend I my money would be better spent in other ways.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by Lexington View Post
                      How have your mailing results been?
                      Excellent. There are 3 companies in the US that sell what we sell.
                      I normally get my money back in a couple of months from new business.
                      Working up the east coast since January. Florida to the Virginia's done so far...

Vista print will do everything cheaper than I can do it myself.....

Comment

Excellent. There are 3 companies in the US that sell what we sell.
                        I normally get my money back in a couple of months from new business.
                        Working up the east coast since January. Florida to the Virginia's done so far...

Vista print will do everything cheaper than I can do it myself.....
                        Vistaprint is really cheap for direct mail. Four color, heavy stock and printing on both sides.

Comment

I did not mean to be a buzz kill on this. I have an internet based business with over a thousand customers. (Some call twice a year)
                          One would think pay for clicks and a heavy Facebook presence would generate sales. I have thrown a lot of money at it with zero results.
                          We sell to a bunch of over worked semi computer users.
                          It just did not work for us...

Good luck.....

Comment

I don't take anything negativally or consider anything a buzz kill... every opinion offers some sort of insight. This market very well may be saturated, I do believe that. I was considering just doing lawn work on the side for my second income, and I still might, but it also seems very saturated. I know whatever I choose, I will evolve and do it better than anyone within my competition circle. I just have to slowly prove that one customer at a time.
                            Last edited by Diamond07; 02-12-2018, 08:14 PM.

Comment

I don’t know what kind of small business you are looking at,but I have been in self employed sales for 26 years. Three words are my biggest producers. REFFURAL, REFFURAL REFFURAL!! Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X