DPF complete delete kit recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Daddy Mike View Post
    $1300 for full delete and 4" exhaust with muffler. Doing mine in the next few weeks.
    Where did you get your stuff?
    Is that paying someone to do the work?

I looked at kits a while back and it was much higher for just materials

Comment

fuepa!

Last edited by Traildust; 02-15-2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

All I can tell you, is you will wish you'd done it the day you bought the truck.

I did mine at 19,000 miles when the guy at the Chevy house told me it was "normal" for the temp to go to 260 in Regen mode. No more regen mode. 224,000 miles later she still aint regeneratin....just rollin along.
        Last edited by Dale Moser; 02-15-2017, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rex View Post
          I'm ready to delete my 2012. What is a ballpark price to get full delete with 4" exhaust and muffler? I just want better fuel mileage
          Lol, get a car.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
            Where did you get your stuff?
            Is that paying someone to do the work?

I looked at kits a while back and it was much higher for just materials
            The programmer is key. EFI live programmer is cheap, but only comes with 1 tune. Have to buy several of them, and last I checked, they were $500 a pop.

I have an H&S Mini, and the programmer was $2700. My total bill for the delete was $3200 I think, with some one doing the work.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
              Lol, get a car.
              I have one.

Comment

Just did it to my truck 2 weeks ago, it's like a completely different truck. I got the mini maxx and a 5in turbo back with muffler from diesel ops and it was like 1100 dollars but this was for a 2011 6.7 dodge not ford but the price should be the around the same.

Comment

On my 6.4 I did the dpf delete and had the SCT tuner. I gained 4.6 mpg and loved the extra power but just make sure whoever does it knows what they are doing! The guy who installed mine forgot to bypass one of the temp sensors and it always idled really high and just thought it was normal but by the time I took it to someone else who knew what they were doing I had 3 injectors out and he said there was nothing they could do the motor would continue to ruin injectors plus some other things I don't remember and there was no saving the motor! So I would say it's great just make sure it's done right.

Comment

Look up the whole delete kit on ebay. I was shopping last week and a full kit was about
                    1K shipped to my house. Plus with a little mechanical experience and some simple tools it can be done cheap. The kit I looked at included the H&S mini max tuner, egr and dpf deletes.

Comment

H&S is what I installed on my 2007 dodge when I deleted the EGR & DPF. H&S does make a great tuner but they are no longer making product due to a law suit by the EPA. I would not recommend H&S because you are not able to update their tuners any longer through their website because it was closed as a result of the lawsuit.

Comment

I had my 2011 Duramax done this past spring with a H&S minimax. Expensive but no more problems. The gas mileage went up about 2 miles per gallon but run a whole lot better.

Comment

I've had the H&S Mini Max, MagnaFlow straight exhaust with muffler since brand new and have loved it. 150,000 miles

Comment

For the guys that delete, do you plan to private sell or trade in? Also for the ones trading in I'm assuming you have to return to stock?

Comment

Call Dorian at powerstroke enginuities. He can answer all your questions

Comment

Originally posted by JDL View Post
                                For the guys that delete, do you plan to private sell or trade in? Also for the ones trading in I'm assuming you have to return to stock?
                                Most dealerships won't take a trade that is deleted and tuned. Too many people tear up a trans or motor then roll into the dealership and try and trade it off.

Comment

Working...
                                X