No announcement yet.

Morning Erection, my barndo build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck yeah , go pro footage looks good. Record every chance you get. Can't wait to watch it all clipped together. Structure is coming along and looks great. Thanks for sharing the build

God bless and keepem sharp -Steve Meurett

Comment

That home made forklift is a neat rig too..

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Trying to learn

I have shot "GoPro" video throughout this do it yourself project. Don't have a clue on how to get it from camera to the interwebs but today I was able to do some very basic editing. I uploaded a clip to YouTube and hope it can be seen here. I'll have to do this is parts I suppose. This is from the morning of the pour to me fabricating the WF beam for the rafters. Still have a bunch more clips to do.
          Click on the link below.....

https://youtu.be/FT2OcZwwMFs
          Last edited by sendit; 07-16-2016, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Too fun. Great job on the build and video. Keep rolling on both and thanks for posting

Comment

True master craftsman at work. Awesome skills sir.
              Last edited by CoolArrow; 07-17-2016, 09:22 AM.

Comment

Wow! Thats a whole lotta work by yourself. Congratulations on what will be a treasure for many years to come. Stay safe and watch the heat!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eastex56 View Post
                  Wow! Thats a whole lotta work by yourself. Congratulations on what will be a treasure for many years to come. Stay safe and watch the heat!!!
                  I did get some help from some co-workers putting up the rafter beams, try as I may it was just to much for me and my wife. I rented a telescoping forklift for that.

Hanging the roof purlins was a trying experience especially on the peak. Was able to get a couple up while I had the forklift but 95% were lifted up and installed by hand. Only dropped one from 19ft. I kissed the ground after installing the last 72lb roof purlin. I am truly blessed with a wife that helps me with whatever I am doing.

The heat is something to contend with now. I am slowing my pace and taking a lot of water breaks. Taking my time as I realize this is going to be a long term project but I do want to get it dried in soon.

Comment

Been awhile since posting but still making some progress. It's been mucho hot! Slow going but I am a one man band.

Started framing the windows.

This is standing in the kitchen looking out the living area window. It's 6ftx9ft

Bed rooms...

Comment

You have some skills!! It's coming along nicely

Comment

Impressive DIY project. Looks like you'll have some nice views.

Comment

I like it a lot, as stated above very impressive DIY!

Comment

Very nice build!

Comment

everything is bigger in Texas lol. Nice!!!!

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Working...
                                X