Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My first experience in casting and coloring concrete.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks really good.

Comment

Pretty dang cool

Comment

Dont think it could have turned out any better, nice job !!

Comment

Looks great! According to my math, it should have weighed approx 425#, does that sound correct?

Comment

Originally posted by cj7zrcool View Post
            Looks great! According to my math, it should have weighed approx 425#, does that sound correct?
            Pretty close, I mixed 7 bags but had a lot of waste. I got it to the house with my tractor and it took 5 of us to move it off of the furniture dollies to the final spot.

Comment

Looks great. Are there any particular websites that you found most helpful? I haven't looked into it yet, but wouldn't mind doing something similar in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                Looks great. Are there any particular websites that you found most helpful? I haven't looked into it yet, but wouldn't mind doing something similar in the future.
                Buddy Rhodes.com
                He sells a custom mix and has a ton of info but a lot of the info is using his product
                I couldn't find anyone near me who sold his stuff and the shipping on concrete would have been ridiculous so I just used regular old sakcrete

Comment

We're considering concrete for our barndo kitchen.
                  Is there any reason why you didn't cast in place, other than you not being sure you'd like it or not?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                    We're considering concrete for our barndo kitchen.
                    Is there any reason why you didn't cast in place, other than you not being sure you'd like it or not?
                    The only reason I didn't cast in place is that the house is almost complete and the floors are installed. The floors are black walnut. The polishing and grinding is a dirty job that involves throwing ALOT of water. I stayed soaking wet the entire time I was polishing. I just didn't want to deal with that mess inside the house. I know they have dry grinders that hook up to a vacuum but the one I bought is a wet polisher.

Comment

That was a no-brainer ... I didn't think about the water for polishing.

Comment

Turned out great.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

That is a really neat project.

Turned out great

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                            That was a no-brainer ... I didn't think about the water for polishing.
                            also if you build a mold from melamine it can turn out really smooth right out of the mold.

Hearth looks great.

Comment

Originally posted by mmoses View Post
                              also if you build a mold from melamine it can turn out really smooth right out of the mold.

Hearth looks great.
                              I was actually gonna do that but didn't have enough on hand for the form.

Comment

Working...
                              X