my Kansas bow - 147 DRT!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my Kansas bow - 147 DRT!

I bought this land back in March and have been working on it all summer. This place has a high deer density, but is more of a rut property and although plenty of 120-135 inch bucks there hasn't been much bigger seen. There was one mature 140 class that shows up now and then. The last week before the cold front he was only showing up 2 AM, I started hunting the cold front and he started coming out closer to shooting. I maybe should have waited until November to see what real studs show up, but I couldn't turn this guy down. He was nicer on the ground check at 147 than I thought from camera. Only 14.5" inside, but 21-22 beams, 9-11" G2 and G3's, and total mass 31-32. The beams almost touch each other in the front! 23 yard shot and he crashed 50 yards. Looks like the real studs will have to wait for my mom when she hunts rifle.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. Posting of objectionable material in text, attachments or embedded links is grounds for immediate suspension.
    I AGREE, PLAY EMBEDDED VIDEO

video no worky for me.

Comment

Congrats on a really nice buck!
      Cool video...I like seeing your deer go down.

Comment

Awesome - congrats

Comment

Awesome job, congrats.

Comment

Nice!

Where did you buy the land in Kansas? I'm a native Kansan....

Comment

Originally posted by scissorhands View Post
              video no worky for me.
              Doesn't work for me either

Comment

Awesome video man!!! Congrats

Comment

Nice shot! Congrats on the Kansas buck.

Comment

Very nice. Both the deer and video. Better than the hunting "commercials" on tv nowadays. Congrats

Comment

Originally posted by KeeganNotSansaba View Post
                      Nice!

Where did you buy the land in Kansas? I'm a native Kansan....
                      where are you from? this is by Pittsburg, but I grew up in Salina and also spent time in KC, Alma, Emporia, and Hoxie.

Comment

I'm not sure the video problems, the site is giving me some agreement about embeded videos, but when I click it doesn't do anything. Not sure why there is a youtube video button if it doesn't work. here is the straight link...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzHdW1k35BI"]2012 Kansas Deer Bow - 147 Inches - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Great buck. Congrats.

Comment

Very nice congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X