Matagorda County poacher conviction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matagorda County poacher conviction

I just saw in the Bay City Tribune that the guy who poached a big buck in 2017 near Markham was convicted and sentenced to the maximum sentence of 2 years and a $10,000 fine.

Here is the original TBH post. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...hlight=markham

I thought some of you might like to hear the outcome since there was quite a bit of discussion when the deer was killed and he was caught.

That's good.

Comment

That’s good. Seems like a lot of poachers get off easy.

Comment

And Mr. 278" got what?

Comment

Dude is a toad, glad he got what he deserved.

Comment

Who knew gordy could have big deer like that. Guess that’s what happens when you don’t shoot spikes.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
              Who knew gordy could have big deer like that. Guess that’s what happens when you don’t shoot spikes.
              There is some big deer in that area of the county. The river is back in there and lots of agriculture and little pressure. I grew up in Markham and know of several bigger deer that were seen/photographed that died of old age.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                And Mr. 278" got what?
                Something like a $50K fine, loss of hunting privileges while on 5 years probation I think. A plea deal

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                  Something like a $50K fine, loss of hunting privileges while on 5 years probation I think. A plea deal
                  But I was told here that he was a fine, upstanding guy who would never do anything wrong.

Comment

Dam, 2 years in the clink for a deer? Wonder what he woulda got if it were a doe.

Comment

Good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck of deer, glad he got caught

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                          But I was told here that he was a fine, upstanding guy who would never do anything wrong.

I can hear the grease sizzling haha

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Cant the state still come back and collect for the loss based on the deer size and age? So more penalties to follow?

Comment

Working...
                            X