Question about House gun control bill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about House gun control bill

HR8 Apparently criminalizes the private transfer of firearms without a background check. If this bill were to pass, which I don’t think it will, could I place all of my Non-class III firearms into my trust and transfer them to my kids without the background checks?

I believe there was an exclusion for gifts to immediate family members written in.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
      I believe there was an exclusion for gifts to immediate family members written in.
      Doesn't matter what was included, we less gun laws not more

Comment

Doesn't matter....never pass the Senate.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
          HR8 Apparently criminalizes the private transfer of firearms without a background check. If this bill were to pass, which I don’t think it will, could I place all of my Non-class III firearms into my trust and transfer them to my kids without the background checks?
          Interesting question.

Only one Trustee has to 4473 an item when it is bought and the items are technically owned by the instrument (Trust). I have never understood this part of the process, why 4473 the individual? Also, I am not aware of a way to transfer registration to a trust. You could include the weapons in the trust but if said serial number was run it would still come back to you, or previous owner, as far as I know.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
            Doesn't matter....never pass the Senate.

not this time, but it will happen the next time dems get a majority.

Comment

Screw'em……...

Comment

I got no GUNS..................

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                  not this time, but it will happen the next time dems get a majority.
                  Your right but if dems win majority of Senate and House this bill will be the least of our worries!

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
                    Your right but if dems win majority of Senate and House this bill will be the least of our worries!

Then it will be time...

Comment

So, how would one prove they already owned used guns if this bill passes? Or are those guns grandfathered in? And the act becomes crime from the time the bill becoming law and forward?

Comment

Does anyone have a list of the House members who voted for this?
                        Hold your elected officials responsible!

Comment

Originally posted by WCB View Post
                          Then it will be time...
                          Time for what? There are dozens of YouTube videos of 'Live free or Die' folks being cordial with cops while their weapons are confiscated. Would there be incidents where people die, of course. However, I do not think the mainstream job holding family man is going Rambo.

I think most on here have the stones to fight a foreign enemy. When it comes to cops doing their jobs on your porch?

And just so it is out there; I am not sure what I would do. I have thought about the scenario and it is scary to weigh the options.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

Support Texas Constitutional Carry this legislative session.

Comment

I already got rid of all my guns, those of you that still got theirs need to start thinking along the lines of creative tax returns or SSS or ???? boating accidents.

Comment

Working...
                              X