• Time
  • Show
Clear All

heated socks...anyone try them?

Are they any good? moisture resistant?
    Brand recommendations?

in

Comment

I've got a pair that are made by one of the hand warmer companies. The socks have a pouch the hand warmer slips into. I want to say graber makes them. Haven't used em yet

Comment

In for my wife’s toes lol

She has tried a lot of different methods including the one-use heater pads/packets. Problem is, they quite working after a short while once you slip your foot into the shoe. I think it has to do with them requiring oxygen to activate the reaction for the heat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

i have a pair that run off a D battery. i keep forgetting to try them out.

Comment

Thermacel makes heated insoles - they are on the Black Friday sale at Cabelas right now. The only reason I don’t have any yet is because they are overpriced

Comment

Originally posted by Codie View Post
              Thermacel makes heated insoles - they are on the Black Friday sale at Cabelas right now. The only reason I don’t have any yet is because they are overpriced
              I have 2 pair of the Thermocell Pro heated insoles with the removable rechargeable batteries - I really like them. They're not intended to roast your feet - just keep the chill off.

I usually keep them on the medium setting in my Muck boots. If I switch them to high - which shortens the battery life - they get really warm. About 2 hours on high, 4 hours on medium. I carry a backup set of batteries in my backpack.

Comment

Buy the the heated pads that you stick on your back Not the Icey Hot one and stick it to the outside of boot toe.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

I used a pair years ago. I used them when I was doing a lot of hiking and hunting out west. They actually did a great job of keeping my feet warm. But I figured out, they are not intended to be used, if you hike or walk a lot. With you feet moving around inside them, it seems to break the heating elements. They don't last long that way. I first noticed one area of one foot was cold, then that whole foot was cold. I thought the battery died. Not long afterwards the other foot also started to get cold, I figured out they are not intended for situations where you are going to hike a lot.

Comment

I had some battery powered ones several years ago, but I don’t remember what brand. I had metal screws in an ankle, and when it was cold those things were brutal. The socks made hunting in freezing temps bearable.

Comment

If you are stand hunting they also make over shoes...I have the big boot things and then I have the smaller ones made by HotMocs which would seemingly be easier to transport... nevertheless,I've never tried either one! Always forget.

Comment

I used the kind that you put the hand warmers in. In freezing temps, my feet sweated in the stand, and when the warmers stopped warming, my feet froze, and it was so unbearable that I had to climb down & build a fire, take off my boots & socks, and warm my feet back up. I learned what another fellow on this thread said - put them on the outside of your boots over the toe part.

Comment

I have tried them all. Including the new(er) THermacell ones. I took those back last year. Did not work for what they cost. The D battery ones were okay but that was 10 years ago. I keep tons of hand and body warmers. Also, boot covers once on stand. They actually work best for me. None of them are made for lots of walking.........the connectors break easily.
                          Originally posted by Codie View Post
                          Not much luck with those for me at all.
                          Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                          I used a pair years ago. I used them when I was doing a lot of hiking and hunting out west. They actually did a great job of keeping my feet warm. But I figured out, they are not intended to be used, if you hike or walk a lot. With you feet moving around inside them, it seems to break the heating elements. They don't last long that way. I first noticed one area of one foot was cold, then that whole foot was cold. I thought the battery died. Not long afterwards the other foot also started to get cold, I figured out they are not intended for situations where you are going to hike a lot.
                          Yep, u got it!!

Comment

heated socks...anyone try them?

I tried some battery powered socks recently in a trip to Illinois and they didn’t do anything. The sole warmers I had worked well till they got oxygen deprived. Ended up just buying boots that were rated at colder temps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                              i have a pair that run off a D battery. i keep forgetting to try them out.

I used to have a pair like that. Doubt I still do. But they did warm your feet.

Comment

Working...
                              X