2018- 2019 Childress/Cottle/Hardeman/Wilbarger/Forde/Hall Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018- 2019 Childress/Cottle/Hardeman/Wilbarger/Forde/Hall Hunting Thread

Ladies and Gentlemen, i give you the new year thread to discuss all the awesome and amazing things happening in our little area in North West Texas just prior to hitting the Panhandle.

Like all the other threads, post up if you're in the area and use this as a place to share trail cam pics, rut activity, etc. Heck even just a place to be able to see if anyone wants to grab a beer or needs help with anything. Its always a good thread for area advice or where to pick something up locally.

Will be an interesting year with a very dry early summer and a wetter last 30 days. Ive heard the birds are already flying up in our area so looking forward to Labor Day Weekend Dove hunt.

Enjoy fells and good luck to everyone. Stay safe and enjoy God's country!!

Good luck to everyone! Gotta work Saturday morning so I'll be headed out to hunt Sunday and monday!

Comment

I was out at our place in Kirkland 2 weeks ago and its crazy how grown up it is!
      Only have a few does and pigs hitting the feeder right now.

Comment

We were out Labor Day weekend and pleasantly surprised by what was on cameras. Best summer pics we’ve ever had. And top it off, shot quite a few birds too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

X-Spot filled my feeders for me this weekend. Due to work I haven't made it up in months. I'm glad thats going to change soon!

Comment

Holy cow this thread has been quiet!!

Has anybody been around the Kirkland area this week? According to my Farmlogs ap we got around 5" of rain in the last few days!! Im planning to make a trip out There Sunday and Monday to check on things and maybe sneak in a hunt or 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
              Holy cow this thread has been quiet!!

Has anybody been around the Kirkland area this week? According to my Farmlogs ap we got around 5" of rain in the last few days!! Im planning to make a trip out There Sunday and Monday to check on things and maybe sneak in a hunt or 2.
              You can join our thread and be the Western middle of North Texas reporter Hard to define our areas for sure!
              Were not the Panhandle.
              Were not the South Plains.
              Were not The Big Country.
              Were not The cross timbers.
              Were not Northeast Texas.
              We have taken in Hoss163 in southern Okiehoma!

Comment

I was in Crowell (Foard Co.) a few weeks ago. It was dry then but the habitat looked good for out there. A lot of green, grass was high, etc. Saw a lot of birds, as in turkey and quail. Very few dove. Got a food plot planted just before the rain, hoping it does well. My deer activity was down compared to previous years, but hog activity was up, so figuring they have pushed the deer off the feeders. I've been hunting there since 2011, the year of the big drought and die off. Been passing on bucks, finally seeing some quality and different age class bucks. Always have roamers during the rut and hoping this is my year to connect. Have a 3-4 yo that has always been an 8pt., idt he's going to ever be better than that, plan to let my wife take him, he will push 130, which is pretty good in my book for an 8pt. I just thought I would post some activity and keep the thread going! Good luck to everyone this year!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                  You can join our thread and be the Western middle of North Texas reporter Hard to define our areas for sure!
                  Were not the Panhandle.
                  Were not the South Plains.
                  Were not The Big Country.
                  Were not The cross timbers.
                  Were not Northeast Texas.
                  We have taken in Hoss163 in southern Okiehoma!
                  Haha. I think I meet all those requirements..

Comment

What is yalls experience hunting when its windy? I'm planning on hunting Sunday and Monday but looks like 25 mph wind on Sunday afternoon into Monday.

Comment

Originally posted by Shake N' Bake View Post
                      What is yalls experience hunting when its windy? I'm planning on hunting Sunday and Monday but looks like 25 mph wind on Sunday afternoon into Monday.
                      Should be okay, where your stand is, they like to use the seasonal creek bed and it keeps them out of the wind. I'd imagine them to be fairly active

Comment

Originally posted by ultralite09 View Post
                        Should be okay, where your stand is, they like to use the seasonal creek bed and it keeps them out of the wind. I'd imagine them to be fairly active
                        I ended up not going. The forecast for wind kept getting worse. I don't mind hunting in it but sleeping in my popup camper in 30 mph winds sucks!

Comment

Anyone hunting in foard county this weekend?

Comment

Anyone seeing good chasing starting? Hope this recent freeze holds them off until thanksgiving weekend but im guessing we are gonna miss the heavy chase. Just cant get up there this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by tdhadley10 View Post
                              Anyone seeing good chasing starting? Hope this recent freeze holds them off until thanksgiving weekend but im guessing we are gonna miss the heavy chase. Just cant get up there this weekend.
                              Watched a 9 point challenge another buck on Sunday. Watch a forky chase does last night in food plot. It’s close. I am in Briscoe county

Comment

Working...
                              X