Smoker question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoker question

I have a UDS that i absolutely love, but wanting one with more room. Wanting to be able to smoke a couple racks of ribs and some chicken quarters or maybe a couple briskets.

What do yall think about this style of smoker? Found a guy who makes a few. $250 for this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I don't like that design. I think the firebox should be mounted directly to the cooking chamber, but again, that's my opinion.

Comment

any pictures of the inside? It would need some baffles or tuning plates to keep the temps even.

That is a screaming deal though

Comment

Great deal but I have one that i just finished building up for grabs pm its made from a 300 gallon propane tank

Comment

Originally posted by dummble View Post
          any pictures of the inside? It would need some baffles or tuning plates to keep the temps even.

no inside pics but I thought great deal tho

Comment

Anymore thoughts on it? Really tempting me to buy it....all i have ever used is a offset style and my UDS. Wouldn’t use it a ton. Just would like more space sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
              Anymore thoughts on it? Really tempting me to buy it....all i have ever used is a offset style and my UDS. Wouldn’t use it a ton. Just would like more space sometimes.

I would be hesitant with that design. I would stick with axial/offset or reverse flow. Here's a pic of my old beast.

Click image for larger version

Name:	smoker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	24540208

Comment

Indeed, very interesting thread

Comment

I don't think that's a good design in fact I haven't ever seen one designed like that.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by dummble View Post

This. Need to know a lot about the interior design to know if it will work or not.

LWD

Comment

You will constantly have to be moving the meat without the baffles the smoke exhaust needs to be lower so that the smoke does not rise and escape to quick, good price but poor design for serious smoking,

Comment

can you add a second cooking grate to your UDS and see how that would work? I would try that before buying something that you said you would not use much

Comment

Thx for replys. Im gonna hold off for an offset one

Comment

Working...
                          X