Help identifying truck part

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help identifying truck part

Okay, I give up! Does anyone know what this piece is called? I just noticed that on my Tundra, this flap/liner/splash guard or whatever you want to call it has come loose and is not just flapping around. It will no longer stay. I want to replace it but I have no clue what this part is called. Does anyone know? by the way, this is not my truck. Just a photo I found on google.
    Attached Files

It's a remote reservoir for the shock... look at the other side to see how it's secured

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
      It's a remote reservoir for the shock... look at the other side to see how it's secured
      I was talking about the cover/liner. Not the shock

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
        I was talking about the cover/liner. Not the shock
        that is what it is

Comment

Toyotanation.com should be able to help

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bwssr View Post
              that is what it is
              I've tried searching on Google for this particular part and nothing seems to match it. All the parts that comes up are either mud flaps or skid plates. This part sits right behind the tire on the driver side. Don't know how else to describe it. I can take a photo of it later during my lunch break if I can't find the part by then to give you guys a better idea of what I'm talking about.

Comment

Looks like a splash guard, replace the plastic keepers if it's not torn.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  Looks like a splash guard, replace the plastic keepers if it's not torn.
                  This ^^^ the plastic keepers must be broke or pulled out of the holes .

Comment

It's just a dust/splash guard. You can get the retainer clips from any dealership for a couple bucks. Or you go to most parts stores and find a generic retainer clip kit.

Comment

Thanks guys!! I've finally found it - its the fender apron seal. Should've asked a lot sooner - been searching for awhile now. Anyway, thanks for all your guy's help

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
                        This ^^^ the plastic keepers must be broke or pulled out of the holes .
                        I'll probably just break them off and buy new ones. The liner is ripped around the holes and that's why it's no longer staying in place. I'll just replace it all.. found them online for around 60 to 75 bucks

Comment

The keepers will come out with needle noise pliers, this happened to my tacoma there was enough give in the apron I drilled new holes put the keepers in the new holes of the apron and stretched it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunterlo70 View Post
                            Thanks guys!! I've finally found it - its the fender apron seal. Should've asked a lot sooner - been searching for awhile now. Anyway, thanks for all your guy's help
                            "Fender Apron Seal". That's a new one. Is that really the only protection under the front of a Tundra? Or was there stuff removed on that photo?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                              "Fender Apron Seal". That's a new one. Is that really the only protection under the front of a Tundra? Or was there stuff removed on that photo?
                              That photo didn't belong to me. I just got it off a google search. There are other guards around that area but the particular part I needed was that apron seal

Comment

Working...
                              X