No announcement yet.

Pricing a used bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few months ago, I sold a 2014 model Diamond Infinite Edge bow (right handed) to a TBH member for $300.00. The bow was in excellent condition and had never been out of my backyard. I included a lot of extras such as a soft case, bow sling, stabilizer, upgraded 5-pin illuminated sight and a wrist release - just about everything but arrows. I actually wanted more money for the whole outfit, but I was trying to be fair to the buyer, and find a win-win solution for both of us. I think you'll either have to lower your asking price, and/or sweeten the deal by adding extras to the package such as arrows, rest, better sights, etc.

Good luck,

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
      my daughter but she is 3.

I figure by the time she is able to shoot that bow we will have better technology and it will be very obsolete
      Well the draw length will be perfect for her in 2 yrs I would try to find a local youngster interested in archery hunting and gift it to them.

Comment

$400 is about what I figured. I'm assuming that's just the bare bow?

I'd be surprised if you got $400 for it loaded honestly. Anything left handed depreciates so dang fast.

Comment

Hand it down to a new shooter. I upgrade ever other year with a used year or two old bow. Sorry but spending the $ for a new bow is getting out of hand. A rifle or pistol is different.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
            I'd be surprised if you got $400 for it loaded honestly. Anything left handed depreciates so dang fast.

True. I've never paid over $300 for a used bow. It's such a small segment of people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Unfortunately, bows lose their value pretty quickly. I bought my Hoyt for 700 when it came out in 2015 and I've been seeing them online for 200-300. I recently acquired a 09' Ross Carnivore from a fellow TBH. He was selling it completely loaded (Ripcord rest, nice octane quiver, 5 Gold Tip arrows with G5 Stryker BH's, Scott release and case) and got it all for 150 to introduce my little brother into bow hunting. I'll follow this thread since my other brother is LH

Comment

You should keep it for a backup brother.

Comment

I say keep it. You may never shoot it again but you only have one first deer. Shot an elk with a Mathews q2xl in 2004, got that bow out last year and could barely draw it. Felt smooth back then but not compared to todays bows. But I can't seem to get rid of it, too many memories, and the elk is one of my greatest trophies for me.

Comment

I do. Last week we walked into a shooting range that has a bow shop and they had a halon demo booth/rack set up, I told her I shot one a month ago and it was awesome but I couldn't bring myself to drop that money on a bow. I came home at midnight last night after being gone for two days and when I walked in my office there was a Halon 32 there sitting in a SKB case
                    Nice. Sounds like a great woman. We should all be so lucky.

Comment

I paid 300
                      For a fully rigged 14 elite energy 32
                      Mint

Comment

Keep as a back up bow

Comment

Working...
                        X