Lol !!!

Comment

Originally posted by etxbuckman View Post
      well then make sure you also have a shovel. 😂😂
      lol

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
        Truth!

Bring a .22 and see deer. Bring a 30-06 and see nothing but limb chicken. Bring both... see hippies walking the trails.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
        So I should bring a .22 and 7mm?! In all honesty I just need to get away from Houston. Could care less if I see nothing, so long as the hippies stay away.

Luckily, supposed to be below 40 tonight, so the hippies shouldn't smell too bad.

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
          So I should bring a .22 and 7mm?! In all honesty I just need to get away from Houston. Could care less if I see nothing, so long as the hippies stay away.

Luckily, supposed to be below 40 tonight, so the hippies shouldn't smell too bad.
          dont bring anything loaded until your out of the road in the forest. chl carry is fine

Comment

Should be a good morning fellas, y'all post up some LDP's!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Comment

There really is no mistaking a human stomping through the woods. Especially when they do it 50 yards from your setup right after good shooting light starts.

Comment

Anyone camping this weekend?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                  There really is no mistaking a human stomping through the woods. Especially when they do it 50 yards from your setup right after good shooting light starts.
                  That means your too close to the main roads brother

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                    That means your too close to the main roads brother
                    Most likely. My sites in this area are all 1.5 to 2 miles from the road and I've never seen anyone else. This morning I tried a new stand that's about half as far in. I did watch a bobcat trying to stalk down some squirrels so the morning wasn't a total loss.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                      Most likely. My sites in this area are all 1.5 to 2 miles from the road and I've never seen anyone else. This morning I tried a new stand that's about half as far in. I did watch a bobcat trying to stalk down some squirrels so the morning wasn't a total loss.
                      Awesome!!! I've never seen any cats in the forest, bet that was a site to see

Comment

Close encounter with a coyote this morning. He came in to bow range before light and barked and howled a few times. Didnt stick around long enough for it to get light.

Around 10 I could hear deer running in the brush. They were upwind and I smelled what I would describe as licorice. Obviously a buck chasing a doe. They did that for probably 30 minutes. I was starting to get tired of it and I guess the doe was too. She blew through out of range and moving fast. The buck started to circle downwind of the scrape line Im hunting and got to about 30 yds. I drew my bow but he hit my scent and ran about 20 yds. He stopped and looked back toward me for a bit then started walking to get downwind again. I had him at a slow walk at 55 yds and sent an arrow. I lead him too much and broke his shoulders. He fell in a little ravine and couldnt get his legs to get him out of it. I shot again but missed. Shot a 3rd arrow and hit him good. Blood poured out and he died within a few seconds. Definitely not ideal and I wouldnt take that shot again if I could change it. Im sure the first shot was fatal but it was a long way from ideal. He is a young buck so Im sorry to all the guys who want to let them grow. Im very satisfied with him for a public land archery buck. Time to move to a new county and keep trying.
                        Last edited by Felix40; 10-28-2017, 03:10 PM.

Comment

Ill get a pic up at some point. Not enough service here.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                            Awesome!!! I've never seen any cats in the forest, bet that was a site to see
                            Had my hunting buddy kill one in the Forrest last year

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Felix40 View Post
                              Close encounter with a coyote this morning. He came in to bow range before light and barked and howled a few times. Didnt stick around long enough for it to get light.

Around 10 I could hear deer running in the brush. They were upwind and I smelled what I would describe as licorice. Obviously a buck chasing a doe. They did that for probably 30 minutes. I was starting to get tired of it and I guess the doe was too. She blew through out of range and moving fast. The buck started to circle downwind of the scrape line Im hunting and got to about 30 yds. I drew my bow but he hit my scent and ran about 20 yds. He stopped and looked back toward me for a bit then started walking to get downwind again. I had him at a slow walk at 55 yds and sent an arrow. I lead him too much and broke his shoulders. He fell in a little ravine and couldnt get his legs to get him out of it. I shot again but missed. Shot a 3rd arrow and hit him good. Blood poured out and he died within a few seconds. Definitely not ideal and I wouldnt take that shot again if I could change it. Im sure the first shot was fatal but it was a long way from ideal. He is a young buck so Im sorry to all the guys who want to let them grow. Im very satisfied with him for a public land archery buck. Time to move to a new county and keep trying.
                              Maybe not ideal, but it's meat in the freezer and you recovered him.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

In for pics!

Comment

Working...
                                X