Kerr WMA or Kickapoo Caverns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerr WMA or Kickapoo Caverns?

Kinda good news/bad news. Just got a second chance draw for Kickapoo antlerless. Also drawn for Kerr WMA management hunt. They are back to back weeks and I can likely only make one. Never hunted either place. Which one would you choose?

Haven't been to Kickapoo but I really like Kerr. That's were my avatar came from and my son shot his first ever doe and buck there. It's a beautiful place, awesome staff and they have a lot of research info on game and habitat management that I enjoyed learning. One downside of Kerr is no camping facility onsite. You have to stay at the Mo ranch next door, kerrville-Schriener SP or someplace in Hunt or Kerrville. I don't know about Kickapoo.

Comment

I didn't get drawn for either but may try a standby position...

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
        I didn't get drawn for either but may try a standby position...
        Well, it's pretty likely that one of these will have at least one standby position

Comment

Originally posted by 1riot1ranger View Post
          Well, it's pretty likely that one of these will have at least one standby position
          You should go to kickapoo. Kerr is closer for me to go for a standby. lol Good luck on which ever you choose keep us posted on how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfirebow View Post
            You should go to kickapoo. Kerr is closer for me to go for a standby. lol Good luck on which ever you choose keep us posted on how it goes.
            I haven't decided yet, but I've got it on good source that Kerr will have at least one noshow.

Comment

Working...
            X