Clear All

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
    Son! I like your style!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Just trying to keep up with you gringo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
      No wonder I can't even find one, y'all all have them.
      I didn't pay a lot for either of the ones I have. One is 1100 the other is 300. Heck I got another one today, included with the 300. It's about 4 times larger than the 300 too.
      Seen plenty out there still available too, but I would imagine it has a lot to do with what you consider a high price.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
        I didn't pay a lot for either of the ones I have. One is 1100 the other is 300. Heck I got another one today, included with the 300. It's about 4 times larger than the 300 too.
        Seen plenty out there still available too, but I would imagine it has a lot to do with what you consider a high price.
        I may have one, working out the details now. For me it's all about what you a chance to shoot for the money your paying. But thanks and if it doesn't work out I'll give you a shout.

Comment

Have two now, but one is only big enough really for one stand and feeder, so in reality it's more like 1 1/2. This is the first year I have had more than one. I really don't want it to become a chore. Thats the main reason I don't have a lease in South or West Texas now. With the drive involved and my offshore schedule, it's just not something I want to do.
          I can help take care of some of the other leases as well.

Comment

Originally posted by EastTexasMan View Post
            I have 2.

1 in East Texas - Oct / Mid November
            1 in Mexico - Mid November / January

Works out well, gives me the ability to hunt October - January non stop.
            That’s the way to do it boys!😎

Comment

I've got 2 in OK, 2 in KS (and those 2 consist of several different pastures, miles apart) and maintain a couple spots in Texas. Way too much work and not enough time.

Now that I'm working 8-5, 5 days a wk, it ain't worth it.

When I was in the oil field, it was great. Could take off 2 wks at a time.

I'll probably cut back next year.

Comment

One lease with two spots. Spend way too much time mowing and maintaining the two spots.

Comment

Grew up hunting the great grandparents farm in Wisconsin with my dad, just show up and rifle hunt two weekends a year. Tried a few public spots around Minnesota with mixed experience.
                  Now we own a good spot 2 hours from home, have a honey hole 15 minutes from home with giants on friends property that could be developed into homes at any time. Wife's family and friends have thousands of acres in the Dakotas 7 hours away, but non-residents have a hard time getting buck tags, but it's a fun western style meat hunt/vacation with does the size of small horses. Friends have a place near Junction we've been hunting a few days the past few years. Lots of planning and hauling equipment, repairing and maintaining tractors, mowers etc., and work on friend's places. Fuel, seed, fertilizer and tons of off season time going out, and not even hunting our own place in favor of bigger deer on land that will be gone soon. Hardest part that I hope I don't regret is choosing to pursue larger deer vs. spending time hunting with my dad and uncle for smaller animals. Basically our property would max out at 140" and friends place has had 180 plus deer taken. Nice elevated blinds with heat are falling into disrepair in favor of lock ons and climbers in subzero cold all for horns...

Comment

Have two now, but one is only big enough really for one stand and feeder, so in reality it's more like 1 1/2. This is the first year I have had more than one. I really don't want it to become a chore. Thats the main reason I don't have a lease in South or West Texas now. With the drive involved and my offshore schedule, it's just not something I want to do.
                    I will be more than happy to watch over your spots

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly G View Post
                      I will be more than happy to watch over your spots
                      Make dem teeth click....

Comment

2 leases was the most, I paid for one that was 2.5 hours away and hunted free on another that was 15 minutes away. I never went to the paid lease, I neglected it. I didn’t clean or feed it once. My buddy sold the land I was hunting for free so I had extra work at the paid lease the following year.

Comment

One in 38 years. Haven't hunted it since I bought my own place 3 years ago but tradition is worth the $370 a year.

Comment

I have 3. In two different countries. Lol

Comment

2 this year. Total of 9k acres. Luckily both are in the Sonora area.

Comment

I’ve never leased. Only hunted family land and other private land by permission. I think it was 2016 I had my family property and two other properties, all within an hour of the house. It was a hassle and always a debate with myself about where to go and when. I dropped one. Hunted two for two more years, and now I’m on my family place only. Much less stress. I would however take on another place if it was within a 20 minute drive from the house.

Comment

Working...
                                X