Looking at new Dodges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 160class View Post
    I haven’t seen a lot of the new ones being talked about getting to 500K on any of these new engines, the old ones yes, the new ones no.

My brother had a 13 3500 dually Cummins and he used it as a dually should and he had a lot of trouble with it after about 130K DEF issues, front end issues, fuel system issues as well. The interior on it looked awesome but was not comfortable at all, his electronics on the stereo would act up every so often as well. He traded it for a new F350 not to long ago. One thing I will give that 3500 Cummins tho is that it towed really well, he regularly towed a 40’ all steal triple axle all enclosed exotic trailer loaded down full of 1,000 pound animals all over the place with it, and never had a complaint about its towing ability.

They are out there. There’s a guy on the Cummins forum with a 2015 or 2016 model that has 467,000 miles on it bone stock with all emission intact.

He transports mainly campers and 5th wheels all over the country so it sees work.

I truly wonder if that’s why some people have bad luck with the diesels. Seems like the people that work them have less problems than the folks that have pavement queens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      They are out there. There’s a guy on the Cummins forum with a 2015 or 2016 model that has 467,000 miles on it bone stock with all emission intact.

He transports mainly campers and 5th wheels all over the country so it sees work.

I truly wonder if that’s why some people have bad luck with the diesels. Seems like the people that work them have less problems than the folks that have pavement queens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I would say yes cause it keeps the emission stuff cleaner, rather than running it in the city 40 miles a day not giving it enough time to clean out

And I’d say the 500K are few and far between compared to the old days

Comment

I've owned multiple models of all the big 3 diesels (powerstrokes, cummins, duramax) starting with the 7.3 in the year 2000. I can tell you each model has its ups and downs.

The new fords are better trucks for sure, but the price reflects that. I have a 2016 ram 2500 with 53k miles currently. It's deleted with a single 60hp tune and a 5" exhaust with a muffler. Truck gets 19 mpg around town with 36" Toyo Mud tires and a replacement bumper. Guys will come on here and say there's no difference between the 6.7 powerstroke and 6.7 cummins in fuel mileage. They're dead wrong. I had a 2014 f250 6.7 deleted with smaller tires and it only got 15mpg.

The rams are good trucks, but I would definitely delete it. Makes a huge difference in MPG and obviously power. I like the way a deleted cummins pulls compared to a deleted 6.7 ford. MPG goes to the ram. Other than those two things, Ford wins in every category.

You can probably still find a good deal on a 2018 ram 2500. They're taking 15-16k off sticker on some models.

Comment

Originally posted by 160class View Post
          I would say yes cause it keeps the emission stuff cleaner, rather than running it in the city 40 miles a day not giving it enough time to clean out

And I’d say the 500K are few and far between compared to the old days
          They definitely are. I had a 2011 6.7 cummins long bed 3/4 ton deleted. I sold it with 300k miles. Truck would still pull a house down the day I sold it. I felt like that truck would have made it to the 500k mark, but never found out.

Comment

Originally posted by Cbb1722 View Post
            I gotta buddy that has the 2017 6.7 power stroke f250. Pulling stock trailers full of cows you never knew the trailer was there. If I was to go diesel right now I’d go with ford. I have a Chevy halfton but from what I’ve seen with the ford diesels it’s hands down to me
            If you are pulling a stock trailer full of cows you will know the trailer is there. Especially when stopping....lol

Comment

Thanks for all the input keep it coming.

Comment

I’d buy a used one, especially the one I’m selling....��

Comment

Ive been looking too. As bad as I like the new ford 17 and up they still cost too much. Looking at used lariat vs used laramie there seems to be a 10-15k difference in comparable trucks. Idk if I want to swing that much more. Now I could go to 2016 and older and get the ford at a good price but not crazy about the body style

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

I've only had half tons but both my '14 and '19 Rams have been good so far. I love the new look of the Rams and the interiors are hands down the best out right now IMO. I will say the A/C could blow colder sooner upon startup but once the truck runs for a minute it blows COLD (that combined with the remote start and IR rejecting tint negates it entirely). I'm not a brand loyalist and drove GM/Ford/Toyota's before I bought mine and the Ram drove noticeably better than anything else. Plus i got a crazy good deal.

Comment

I’ve been checking the new rams too. I’ve found a big horn package for 50g’s on a 2019 but not sure how great of a price that is.

Comment

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                        Is drake really worth it though if the power stroke engine won’t make it to half of the life span of a Cummins? Not saying it won’t but I don’t see many people bragging on a ford motor going 500k. Not to mention ford will not come off the price of their trucks like dodge will. I’ve shipped both and the best I’ve gotten off a ford is 6k. I’ve gotten 10k off a dodge without even trying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        I got $10k of my 2015 Lariat supercrew without even having to ask. All in timing

Comment

Lets make it easy.... Ford.

Comment

Bought my 2017 F-350 last December w 64k miles on it. Have 85k now and it’s been my favorite so far. (I’ve owned 11,12 ford and 15 duramax).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                              You'll have tons of guys that love their Dodges and tons that say don't do it. I'm in the don't do it camp based on personal experience with company trucks and friends and family with them. I want to like them because they are nice looking trucks but I have had nothing but issues and disappointment from every Dodge/Chrysler product we have owned. I decided to never own another. But you are about to have guys tell you the exact opposite so good luck!
                              This exactly the only thing I disagree with Piney on is Dodge Rams are FUGLY AF

Comment

Just rolled through 200K on my 2013 Ram with the 6.7. Had planned on a lot more towing, but Harvey had a say in my plans. Have done Colorado 2x, Wyoming, and Tennessee, so it does get some highway miles along with my daily drive. Mileage on the long trips is always over 22. Was deleted when I bought it used.

Comment

Working...
                                X