Stuffed & grilled avocado

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stuffed & grilled avocado

We had a bbq cook off this past weekend where we had to use Boston butt in the recipe. We could cook it however we wanted as long as it was on a pit or smoker so we tried something different. I took an avocado and took the seed out the used a spoon to hollow it out some more. Next stuffed it with pepper jack cheese and place the other half back on top. I then sliced a pork steak paper thin and cut out the bone and wrapped this around the avocado. I then wrapped it with thick sliced bacon and cooked on a Webber pit over indirect heat using lump charcoal and pecan wood. Then glazed it with a mixture of jack miller’s and sweet baby rays sauce. We ended up winning 1st in bbq and grand champion of all categories also. It came out pretty dang good. You could probably get by not using the pork steak. I only used it bc it was a requirement and we had to incorporate it.
    Attached Files

Niiice!!!

That sounds awesome!
    May have to try this.

Comment

Wow! Looks amazing

Comment

That looks awesome!

Comment

Dang that looks good

Comment

Interesting. I never would have thought about doing that. May have to try it next time I have the grill fired up.

Comment

Tagged!!!!!!

Comment

nice!!!

Comment

tagged

Comment

We do that as well but instead of pork, we stuff with cream cheese and jalapeño put avocado back together then almost make a meatball around it with pan sausage and wrap some bacon around that it hold it all together. Pretty dang good gonna try yours

Comment

Have to try it on the grill. A favorite of mine at the local Mexican joint is fajita stuffed avocado. But it’s deep fried.

Comment

nice

Comment

I would try that but my wife doesn’t like avocados.........wait......more for me !

Comment

Yummy!

Comment

Will be making this. Looks good,

Comment

Working...
                              X