• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
    8 more...

?

Comment

Get a Midcontinent Livestock Suppliment No#9 tub....45.00 bucks and they will get everything they need as well as supplemental feed. Tub will last you months.

http://www.mlstubs.com/mls-products/...pplements.html
      Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 01-01-2020, 08:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
        Our local farm supply has 3 kinds of blocks. White, brown, and yellow. Yellow is selenium. I put out 4 brown blocks on our 800 acre lease. Have been wondering if the selenium would be good or harmful. Anybody have an idea, or first hand knowledge?
        A yellow block will be Sulphur... not Selenium.

A trace mineral (brown) block will have exactly that...TRACE minerals in them.

If your deer are really deficient in minerals... and you are serious about wanting to provide adequate supplementation, a loose Deer Mineral is the best bet.

Purina makes a really good one for this part of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
          Trophy rock breaks down quicker in the weather
          Yes they do but the deer love um....

Comment

All the deer on our place love white salt blocks (whitetail, axis, sika). It's not all the trace minerals, but they don't appear to be deficient anyway. The salt definitely gives them a reason to show up though. I've never had much luck at all in getting axis to frequent feeders until we put out salt. They're there all the time now.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by geezer56 View Post
              Our local farm supply has 3 kinds of blocks. White, brown, and yellow. Yellow is selenium. I put out 4 brown blocks on our 800 acre lease. Have been wondering if the selenium would be good or harmful. Anybody have an idea, or first hand knowledge?
              yellow is a sulphur block, with salt...not selenium.
              The white blocks (salt) broke down way too quick in rain. Prefer the brown mineral-trace blocks myself.

Comment

When we hunted on our cattle leases the deer always used the white blocks. I used trophy rock on our last few deer leases. It took them a little while to start on it but once they did they loved it. I would also use the bagged minerals where the trophy rock used to be.

Comment

I have always had success with the brown trace minerals blocks
                  Anyone had any luck with ivomec blocks to deworm , my owner put it out 2 years in a row for the cattle even though I never saw a deer eat on one I did have less nose BOTS

Comment

white

Comment

White is salt only and doesn't really benefit the deer . The trace mineral blocks will get used when the deer need the minerals.
                      We have them out up here and the elk and deer really hit them in our arrid region with little ag around.
                      They also really like the Whitetail institute 30-06 and the Plus protein mineral, loose.
                      Most of you have very good forage, but in drought years it would pay to supplement.

Comment

I put out bags of trace mineral salt at all my mineral sites every year around February. Come early summer, I also drop a mineral block on each site and let it dissolve throughout the year. Some have been hit so hard they're 5+ feet in diameter and a foot deep. My experience is they'll hit the sites from early spring through early fall then then activity will drop off.

Comment

Working...
                        X