School Shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

School Shootings

As all of these tragedies have happened in the past years, a question has came to my mind, why don't all schools input metal detectors? Just wanted to know the opinion of the green screen.

Originally posted by austin.28 View Post
    As all of these tragedies have happened in the past years, a question has came to my mind, why don't all schools input metal detectors? Just wanted to know the opinion of the green screen.
    Alot of them do.
    Matter of fact. A metal detector at a school caught a gun on a student today. I believe this was in Texas

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Really think that would help. These people don’t follow rules. If they know they are there then they will start out side and work there way in. Just like the guy in Florida. IMO arm our teachers or at least the front office. Hire an ex military. Get rid of the the gun free zones. Gun free= free choice to a gun man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

manpower and $$

Comment

I think it's a cost thing. They aren't super cheap and you have to replace the doors/locks to only be opened from the inside and alarm when opened. Some schools already have doors like this, some don't. Plus the cost of manning the detector.

think airport secturity
          Last edited by justin81; 02-15-2018, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
            Really think that would help. These people don’t follow rules. If they know they are there then they will start out side and work there way in. Just like the guy in Florida. IMO arm our teachers or at least the front office. Hire an ex military. Get rid of the the gun free zones. Gun free= free choice to a gun man.

Yup put someone in there that will neutralize the perp and make them think twice about doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
              I think it's a cost thing. They aren't super cheap and you have to replace the doors/locks to only be opened from the inside and alarm when opened. Some schools already have doors like this, some don't. Plus the cost of manning the detector.
              Politicians have already wasted enough money just arguing over gun control and gun free zones to install in all schools would be my bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post

Next headline would be woman teacher shoots student who broke up with her.

Comment

Arm teachers?
                  How many 50 year old women that read to six year olds all day will have nerves of steel to be able to shoot the eyes out of a crazy (or three crazies) as he runs thru a school with 300 rounds of .223 on him?

Metal detectors only work for kids wanting to keep bringing guns in.
                  If I start shooting at the person manning the metal detector from 20 feet away and neutralize them I have access to the whole school after that.

So what if the front office has folks that are carrying the perp will just jump a fence at lunch time or recess and let lead fly.

Ppl that Do this dumb stuff aren't afraid of dieing so all these scare tactics won't workon them.

They have already succumbed to suicide once they embark on the school shooting mission

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post

And that’s very possible. Hell anything’s possible. But we can’t keep turning our heads away from these problem children. We have to react before shat hits the fan and not after it.

Comment

If we make schools safe without affecting the underlying issues the shooters will go elsewhere. A mall, office building, Walmart, etc...

If we ban guns then they will turn to other measures. By my work on any given day I could run over 20/30 bicyclist and kill many of them.

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        Or kid steals gun from teacher
                        As kids steal cellphones and purses from teachers already.

Not to mention some of these 16 year old boys could plain mollywop a 5 ft 115 lbs woman teacher then take her pistol

Comment

Israel has armed and concealed guards. They are in a very bad place for safety. And have zero school shootings.

Comment

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday. Changing guns law will never work. Metal detectors would help for sure.

Comment

What would a metal detector do?

Comment

Working...
                              X