Ruger American predator or savage 12fv 22-250

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ruger American predator or savage 12fv 22-250

Looking for a 22-250. Both of these rifles fall in the right price range and seem fairly similar. Was hoping the gs could give me more info as to which would be the better rifle for that price. Anyone with experience with one or both of them let me know your thoughts on them. Also open to other options but want to stay close to the $400 mark.

Thanks

The Ruger American's are pretty sweet shooting guns. I do know that much.

Comment

Really suprised at how well the ruger shoots, my go to varmint gun.

Comment

Love my Ruger predators. Threaded barrel is great for my suppressors

Comment

I'm waiting on the ruger predator in 6.5 creedmoor!

Comment

I have the ruger predator in .204. So far it has been an extremely accurate and sweet shooting gun. I really like the way the trigger is set up, it isn't real different than the accu-trigger on the savage.

Comment

I recently purchased the Ruger Predator in .308 due to it's 18" barrel and price tag for a truck gun of sorts. Other than the stock being a little lacking, that gun can group if the shooter can shoot worth a ****!

I also picked up the Predator in .17 HMR at Whittaker for $259

Whittaker Guns had the .308 for $380 delivered to my FFL. I didn't look to see if they had a 250.

Comment

get a ruger 6945 threaded barrel new in box is like 300.00

Comment

Thanks for the info. Pretty one sided haha. Mdec where did you see them for $300?

Comment

I would go with the savage without even considering a Ruger. Never met a ruger I liked.

Comment

Guess ya got your answer..and another ruger answer for the win.

Comment

Both will shoot good. The savage is made much better. Not happy with the ruger quality, they are pretty cheesy imo.

Comment

I love my model 12. It shoots lights out. It's heavy. Not a gun to lug around all over the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                            I recently purchased the Ruger Predator in .308 due to it's 18" barrel and price tag for a truck gun of sorts. Other than the stock being a little lacking, that gun can group if the shooter can shoot worth a ****!

I also picked up the Predator in .17 HMR at Whittaker for $259

Whittaker Guns had the .308 for $380 delivered to my FFL. I didn't look to see if they had a 250.

https://shop.whittakerguns.com/

Here is the .308

Comment

Went and put hands on a ruger last night. The stock did seem pretty cheap. The trigger was great though and the bolt felt good. It was a regular rugar American and not the predator. Going to try and put hands on a savage tonight to see if I can feel much of a difference. Thanks for all the input. Chad that .308 looks bad to the bone

Comment

Working...
                              X