• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats Jason!

Comment

Great buck and write up, congrats!

Comment

great buck.....I see you're still dragging deer up a tree for the ldp [emoji6]
        congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice congrats

Comment

Way to go Smart. Your patience was rewarded. Did you get a pic of him in the tree?

Comment

great write up and awesome buck!

Comment

Great buck. Congrats! Love the video as well

Comment

Woodford No Mas!!

Thanks fellas for the kind words! I certainly appreciate them..

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Handsome buck, Jason! Congratulations! I enjoyed your "small write up" and the video, as well! Awesome job, amigo!
                  Hahaha....the fingers kept rolling and I couldn't stop while re-living the story..

Originally posted by Nova View Post
                  Congrats. You sure didn't leave any room for error!
                  No sir and I aim to correct that.... no pun intended. With a 186lb live weight, I should probably aim for the larger high percentage lungs or move up a bit and catch them both instead of trying to thread the needle like I have in the past. My eyes aren't getting any younger. I'm just very thankful to have gotten what I did and learned a lesson from it in the process instead of losing him and learning the same lesson.

Originally posted by Hunter Todd View Post
                  That is an awesome buck and video! I'll bet your heartrate was through the roof. Congratulations!
                  It was that. Thumping like a bass drum in heavy metal concert..

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                  Well sir, your trophy drought is OVER!! As "Roger" would say, Jimminey Christmas, he's a whopper!!" Great trophy, great story and great video!!! ...not bad for the best dang wing cooker on the planet! Congratulations sir!

... now you need to go get you a bow and arra that'll shoot plum thru an animal! 40 pounds and mechanicals ain't gonna git-r-dun!
                  Hahahaha....It almost made it through....I'm at my max of 61 lbs with my shoulder so it is what it is. It did crush the offside shoulder snapping it in two and passed through the bone. The leg was flopping on impact and he almost didn't clear the fence. In the full video you can hear him almost take it out as he rolled over it. I wish I would have moved the camera to follow him but after 3 years, you kinda forget that stuff lol. The Grim Reaper was actually between the shoulder blade and the skin. The tip of the chisel poked through just a tad as you can see in the LDP pic and below. Amazingly the Grim Reaper was in great shape, blades and all. Just needs to be sharpened.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6656.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	24469500

Originally posted by Larry View Post
                  Congrats Jason! I imagined your eyes getting huge when he stepped that left front leg forward. Good story! Picked out a form for the shoulder mount yet?
                  I bet they did lol....I think I am going to roll with a right turn wall pedestal...

Originally posted by texag87 View Post
                  great buck.....I see you're still dragging deer up a tree for the ldp [emoji6]
                  congrats
                  Yes sir...all 8-10" of it.. and only for night pics because of the light.

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
                  Way to go Smart. Your patience was rewarded. Did you get a pic of him in the tree?
                  I screwed up Gunny and was so excited about finding him and getting my hands on him, I yanked him out of that tree before I thought about taking a pic. That is one regret I have on the day.
                  Last edited by Smart; 11-01-2016, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Fantastic! You deserve to shoot a nice deer like that just for putting up with Humper.
                    Hahahahaha....that might be worth a 180.. Hey Humpy!

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                    The Christoval lease will always be special to me. I wanted to get a group of bowhunters together and have a lease that could be respectable. I got to say I met some lifelong friends from starting that lease 12 years ago. Landowner is the best you could ask for. Brings back great memories,Jason seeing you shoot your best bowbuck! Couldn't have happen to a better guy!
                    Congrats Hero!
                    He's a great buck and I'm happy to see y'all enjoying everything and having fun.
                    Makes me smile [emoji6]
                    Yes sir Jeremy.... Well said... and evn though we don't share the lease anymore, life long friends it is.....Same with Bone Thug..

Originally posted by Bone Thug View Post
                    Great buck, Jason.
                    I enjoyed all the talks leading up to this one and I was super glad to hear you got him.
                    The video was pretty dang cool. Love the part where he walks up to the pen and looks straight in before jumping. That's an image you'll never forget.

Super happy for you...He's a special buck for sure.

Congrats again my friend.
                    Hahaha....Thanks Brandon for checking in and following me on this escapade..

Comment

congrats again

Comment

Nice write up Hoss! Congrats on a great deer.

Comment

That's a great deer, Jason.
                          Congratulations.

Comment

Way to go Jason, that dude struck a pose for that shot. Glad you got him!

Comment

Congrats! I could hear your breathing!

Comment

Dang great story Jason! What a hoss of a mature buck. Awesome character.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X