Timed Protein

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
    Wonder if you had a leak near the window? Somehow moisture was getting in to clog things up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    After several times of taking all of the self tapers out to take the thrower part down, I was definitely getting water in from the washers on the screws not sealing up tight anymore. Prior to that, we would drop the whole box, dig through all of the dry protein on the ground and find no clumps at all. It was all sitting at the bottom of the funnel and not coming down through the hole to the thrower. The hole seemed big enough and we even checked the gap on the thrower like they told us to, but it was not getting down to the thrower so that wasn't the issue.

We tried Angelo Pellets, Record Rack and Antlermax. Didn't matter.

Comment

Crazy! Can’t imagine flipping the sucker over to get protein out. The one time I had a major clean up (before the deer knew what protein was, tubes were full and protein was almost 1yr old) I removed the lower unit and stuck a piece of PVC pipe and everything came down. Reached inside through the top and scrapped the corners.

The only other thing I could think of was that maybe your bin is sweating? The screws to remove the lower unit are on the bottom under the hopper, Id think it would be tough for water to go up through.

Forgot to mention. The one big problem I had with it was the timer that came with it, went out on me and replaced it with “The Timer”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
      X