Goldthwaite land prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goldthwaite land prices

A friend that’s in the land business just bought a pretty good size piece a few miles outside Goldthwaite. Going to split it up and sale it. Probably sale 3 200 acre tracts. I have been looking at lands of Texas and everything I find is between 3-4K an acre. Is that a good tool to acutely gauge land prices in the area? Anyone know what land around there is going for?

If it has live water add another 2k. If not, that is about average. That is raw average price. More if it has a house, good fences, tanks, utilities etc.

Comment

go to Lands of Texas website. select the county you would like to purchase land in. It will give you a good idea of what things are selling for.

Comment

$3-4k per acre is the norm in that country. My father in law is a real estate broker and agent in the area.

Comment

Really depends on what part of the county. But I would say 3-4K as Toby mentioned . River / live water property and property with good wells and tanks will sale at premium.

Comment

The land next to where I hunt is 200 acres and they are asking $4000 an acre. Seems to be the going price. Over priced if you ask me. But the problem is people will pay it.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
              The land next to where I hunt is 200 acres and they are asking $4000 an acre. Seems to be the going price. Over priced if you ask me. But the problem is people will pay it.
              That depends on the property in my opinion

Comment

If people are paying it, then it is not overpriced.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  If people are paying it, then it is not overpriced.
                  ^^^^ Yep

Comment

Just my opinion guys. i just can't see spending over a million for 300 acres. Have you seen the deer down there. There's not to many mature deer in that county. I've hunted there over 10 yrs and it's getting pretty bad where I hunt on 1500 acres. Not seeing the 130 class anymore. To many highfences going up. But I do understand why people love the area it's beautiful country. It's diffenitly a place for the rich.

Comment

So what do you think land is worth around there bownut?

Comment

Makes me wonder what hunting will be like in 30-40 years. So much land getting chopped up. I cant fault the guy, I would likely do it too and make that money.

Comment

agreed.

Comment

Fair market value is defined as "the price for which you could sell your property to a willing buyer, when neither of you has to sell or buy and both of you know all the relevant facts." To determine your property's fair market value, the best method is to compare the prices others have paid for something comparable.

Comment

Just my opinion guys. i just can't see spending over a million for 300 acres. Have you seen the deer down there. There's not to many mature deer in that county. I've hunted there over 10 yrs and it's getting pretty bad where I hunt on 1500 acres. Not seeing the 130 class anymore. To many highfences going up. But I do understand why people love the area it's beautiful country. It's diffenitly a place for the rich.
                              High fences isn't the reason you aren't seeing 130's anymore. It's the pressure around you and the 13" rule. Every 13"+ 120 class buck is getting shot.

Comment

Working...
                              X