Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Current Events - Politics and Such

Old 01-16-2020, 04:34 PM   #1
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: North Texas
Default John Roberts and the impeachment trial

Why him?
Good Lord that makes me nervous.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
iamntxhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:49 PM   #2
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

It shouldn't
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Why? He doesnt vote...just precedes over the trial...its in the constitution....

67 votes needed.....

They may get 48.....probably 45 with 3 dems voting no
MacDaddy67 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 06:04 PM   #4
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Hunt In: San Saba

So if they got 68 votes what would happen?

Hard to believe Dems could railroad the POTUS with zero real proof. What will happen if Dems ever get control of House and Senate? Just impeach out any conservative President based on nothing?
RiverRat1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 06:16 PM   #5
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

I am a bit nervous about it because John Roberts was of the mindset to make the argument for the Obama administration in that the Obama care penalty was actually a tax and then ruled in favor that it was lagal according to the constitution which allowed it to become law.

Old 01-16-2020, 06:36 PM   #6
DRSHUNTER
Eight Point

Hunt In: Young & Haskell counties

Roberts = Never Trumper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DRSHUNTER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 08:16 PM   #7
BrandonA
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mills and Burnet County

I just don’t see the Dems succeeding. Especially if the Senate Republicans grow a set and stick together. If they are successful and Trump is unlawfully impeached it may spark the 2nd Civil War
BrandonA is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 08:37 PM   #8
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

It's never going to happen and the markets reflect that. Can you imagine enough Republicans breaking ranks to vote for impeachment to get to the 67 mark? A civil war would surely break out if that were to happen. Im just going to sit back and watch this for entertainment value. It is just another example of these clowns being there for themselves and not there to represent We The People. And yeah, Roberts was another **** Bush left us with.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-16-2020, 10:33 PM   #9
ttaxidermy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Brady,McCulloch Cnty, Brazoria cnty, South Africa, Namibia

The Republican party(senate)will screw this entire process up. Something that should be so very easy, they will fail.. Again.. Watch and see.
I hope I'm wrong..
ttaxidermy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:28 AM   #10
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
The Republican party(senate)will screw this entire process up. Something that should be so very easy, they will fail.. Again.. Watch and see.
I hope I'm wrong..
I have thought about that as well. I think they should basically dismiss the whole thing without calling any witnesses so as not to give any validity to the Democrats bull shot.

Old 01-17-2020, 09:43 AM   #11
flywise
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Blanco, Nacadoches,NewMexico,Colorado

[QUOTE=RiverRat1;14646709]So if they got 68 votes what would happen?
In this particular case if by some fluke they got 68 and Trump was removed there would be huge civil unrest nation wide.
Hard to believe Dems could railroad the POTUS with zero real proof. What will happen if Dems ever get control of House and Senate?

pretty much where they are headed.
flywise is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:49 AM   #12
twobittxn
Ten Point

Hunt In: Brown Co. and public land

To answer the original question: Because the US Constitution states the judge in an impeachment trial is the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court.
twobittxn is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 09:53 AM   #13
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

I wasn't aware if that, still makes me nervous as heck though.

Old 01-17-2020, 10:45 AM   #14
JFISHER
Pope & Young

Hunt In: BWD

[quote=flywise;14647944]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
In this particular case if by some fluke they got 68 and Trump was removed there would be huge civil unrest nation wide.
Hard to believe Dems could railroad the POTUS with zero real proof. What will happen if Dems ever get control of House and Senate?

This beyond serious business... if that were to happen this next cycle, we have seen the last free and fair election in our lifetimes. The left knows full well now where they dropped the ball, where and how they will need to cover their tracks from here on. If we allow them to take the reigns of power again, we will have 1 party rule for the next 50 years. This is not even considering the recent prospect of Texas going blue.

They thought they had achieved their goal wen Obama was elected. They began setting up the "deep state" which Trump has been unmasking ever since he took office. Thing is, they were convinced Hillary was going to win, so they didn't think they needed to cover their tracks... now they know better, and you can **** well bet the next time around will be 1000 times worse than the 8 years of Obama.

We will be finished as a Constitutional Republic (assuming we aren't already)

Last edited by JFISHER; 01-17-2020 at 10:47 AM.
JFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:09 PM   #15
Mike D
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Haskell County, TX

[quote=JFISHER;14648096]
Quote:
Originally Posted by flywise View Post

This beyond serious business... if that were to happen this next cycle, we have seen the last free and fair election in our lifetimes. The left knows full well now where they dropped the ball, where and how they will need to cover their tracks from here on. If we allow them to take the reigns of power again, we will have 1 party rule for the next 50 years. This is not even considering the recent prospect of Texas going blue.

They thought they had achieved their goal wen Obama was elected. They began setting up the "deep state" which Trump has been unmasking ever since he took office. Thing is, they were convinced Hillary was going to win, so they didn't think they needed to cover their tracks... now they know better, and you can **** well bet the next time around will be 1000 times worse than the 8 years of Obama.

You can bet that the entire nation has eyes on Virginia. I believe that is their current litmus test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mike D is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:18 PM   #16
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range

[quote=Mike D;14648307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post

You can bet that the entire nation has eyes on Virginia. I believe that is their current litmus test.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Exactly. They want to see how far We The People are going to allow them to push it.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:48 PM   #17
JLivi1224
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public

^ bingo
JLivi1224 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 12:56 PM   #18
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

[quote=flywise;14647944]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post

Are you sure? I'd like to think so but we are the civil ones. IMO it will be all or none..And I'd wager none at this point.

Why do more and more people become liberal? Or hate conservatives? I fully understand why people hate liberal ideas because they take money from hard working people and a vast number of other reasons.

But what has conservatives done besides better the economy? I mean what foul things do they do to warrant people going so liberal?
Old 01-17-2020, 02:26 PM   #19
JFISHER
Pope & Young

[quote=RiverRat1;14648412]
Quote:

Are you sure? I'd like to think so but we are the civil ones. IMO it will be all or none..And I'd wager none at this point.

Why do more and more people become liberal? Or hate conservatives? I fully understand why people hate liberal ideas because they take money from hard working people and a vast number of other reasons.

But what has conservatives done besides better the economy? I mean what foul things do they do to warrant people going so liberal?
Taken in it's original context "liberal" is actually libertarian. They've allowed the radical leftists i.e. "Progressives" to co-opt their name.

I don't so much despise "liberals" as I do leftists. I wouldn't **** on one if it were on fire.
Old 01-17-2020, 02:49 PM   #20
bucksnbass357
Nubbin' Buck

[quote=JFISHER;14648096]
Quote:

agreed Sir. Well stated
bucksnbass357 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 02:50 PM   #21
Man
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Nacogdoches,Tx

[quote=Mike D;14648307]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JFISHER View Post
Agree! I didn't think much of it when I first heard of some ruckus up there....but now having researched ITS ABOUT TO GET WESTERN in Virginia. Monday is the day. Usually they have about ~1,000 that attend this annual meeting, but they are expecting 10's or thousands this time. If I am not mistaken 3 of the anti gun bills passed yesterday for them. WATCH VIRGINIA ON MONDAY.
Man is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #22
JFISHER
Pope & Young

[quote=Man;14648610]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D View Post

Agree! I didn't think much of it when I first heard of some ruckus up there....but now having researched ITS ABOUT TO GET WESTERN in Virginia. Monday is the day. Usually they have about ~1,000 that attend this annual meeting, but they are expecting 10's or thousands this time. If I am not mistaken 3 of the anti gun bills passed yesterday for them. WATCH VIRGINIA ON MONDAY.
These guys they caught.... makes you wonder how many more dip****s will show up trying to set something off.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...nia-gun-rally/

Last edited by JFISHER; 01-17-2020 at 02:59 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 01:49 PM   #23
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobittxn View Post
To answer the original question: Because the US Constitution states the judge in an impeachment trial is the Chief Justice of the US Supreme Court.
.......it was all in Civics class!
[quote=JFISHER;14648625]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Man View Post

These guys they caught.... makes you wonder how many more dip****s will show up trying to set something off.

https://www.breitbart.com/crime/2020...nia-gun-rally/
Yep, not helping the situation at all. A lot of nutcases will do anything to tear this country in half or worse. Yep, sometimes you gotta take the trash out. After living & hunting in Virginia after college it is definitely a very different state outside of the northern region.....I dont see this working well for the leftist.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-18-2020, 02:45 PM   #24
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
I am a bit nervous about it because John Roberts was of the mindset to make the argument for the Obama administration in that the Obama care penalty was actually a tax and then ruled in favor that it was lagal according to the constitution which allowed it to become law.

That is true to some extent. But...

The Obama administration argued that the states didnít have the right to bring the lawsuit thereby allowing all of Obamacare/ACA to stand. Roberts voted with the majority to allow the lawsuit.

Obama admin argued that the ACA would force state to expand Medicaid and that withholding federal funding of Medicaid from states that did not comply (like Texas) was lawful. Roberts joined the majority and removed that ACA provision and Texas and others got their federal funding, saying that the ACA was unlawful.

Obama admin argued that the individual mandate was lawful under the Interstate Commerce clause. Roberts again joined the majority and ruled that that part of ACA was unlawful.

The part that Roberts agreed with was that Congress has the power to tax and that one provision of the ACA was a tax.

So Roberts ruled against the ACA on several parts (I think 4) of it but in his ruling and statement said, no matter how unpopular or stupid, Congress has the power to tax in Article I of the Constitution.

Roberts was not pro ACA and could have voted to allow all of it to stand. He joined the majority and removed most of it.
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-18-2020, 02:55 PM   #25
tvc184
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaxidermy View Post
I hope I'm wrong..
What are you suggesting that we are going to see or how are they going to screw it up?

Do you think that 21 Republicans (with 100% of Dems) in the Senate will vote to remove the President after not a single vote from the Republicans in the House?
tvc184 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-18-2020, 03:52 PM   #26
Landrover
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wherever & Whenever

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvc184 View Post
That is true to some extent. But...

The Obama administration argued that the states didnít have the right to bring the lawsuit thereby allowing all of Obamacare/ACA to stand. Roberts voted with the majority to allow the lawsuit.

Obama admin argued that the ACA would force state to expand Medicaid and that withholding federal funding of Medicaid from states that did not comply (like Texas) was lawful. Roberts joined the majority and removed that ACA provision and Texas and others got their federal funding, saying that the ACA was unlawful.

Obama admin argued that the individual mandate was lawful under the Interstate Commerce clause. Roberts again joined the majority and ruled that that part of ACA was unlawful.

The part that Roberts agreed with was that Congress has the power to tax and that one provision of the ACA was a tax.

So Roberts ruled against the ACA on several parts (I think 4) of it but in his ruling and statement said, no matter how unpopular or stupid, Congress has the power to tax in Article I of the Constitution.

Roberts was not pro ACA and could have voted to allow all of it to stand. He joined the majority and removed most of it.
Hey, hey, hey...........all that don't matter since the world is ending due to this farce of a trial.
Landrover is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #27
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landrover View Post
Hey, hey, hey...........all that don't matter since the world is ending due to this farce of a trial.
According to AOC the world is ending in 10yrs due to climate change anyway.

Old 01-21-2020, 05:15 AM   #28
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamntxhunter View Post
According to AOC the world is ending in 10yrs due to climate change anyway.

You need to get caught up.. AOC is out. Must listen to the she child god Greta. She knows all.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #29
100%TtId
Ten Point

Schiff's now speaking in the Senate and fabricating the words from Sondland's conversation with Trump and Sondland's assistant.

Schiff is a utter lying POS.
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-21-2020, 07:04 PM   #30
iamntxhunter
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100%TtId View Post
Schiff's now speaking in the Senate and fabricating the words from Sondland's conversation with Trump and Sondland's assistant.

Schiff is a utter lying POS.
I was watching some of it but it just gave me tired head. I honestly think the Senate should just kill it and move on based upon the way the Democrats have handled the whole impeachment process.
The Democrats have stated outright that their plan was to impeach Trump before he even took office.

Last edited by iamntxhunter; 01-21-2020 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 11:56 PM   #31
100%TtId
Ten Point

More Pam Bondi
Less Jerry Nadler
100%TtId is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 07:35 AM   #32
RiverRat1
Pope & Young

And what a surprise! The Dem's don't like the rules laid out and say it's all rigged by Trump LOL

Gee No one saw that coming.
Old 01-22-2020, 07:54 AM   #33
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

what was good enough for clinton is a 100-0 vote...is not good enough for Trump in a party line vote...
53-47

If Dems had both houses, Trump would be removed from office and a 2nd civil war would follow..
It's amazing to me that Schiff, Nadler and their ilk can spew such garbage and think that people are buying it
Old 01-22-2020, 08:27 AM   #34
Barrett
Ten Point

Hunt In: Tarpley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
what was good enough for clinton is a 100-0 vote...is not good enough for Trump in a party line vote...
53-47

If Dems had both houses, Trump would be removed from office and a 2nd civil war would follow..
It's amazing to me that Schiff, Nadler and their ilk can spew such garbage and think that people are buying it
Amazing to me that people ALSO believe a word that the Prez says. Our govt is a sham.
So transparent and hires the very best people. Blah Blah Blah
Barrett is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 08:33 AM   #35
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett View Post
Amazing to me that people ALSO believe a word that the Prez says. Our govt is a sham.
Well, I believe in historic economic news, lowest unemployment numbers in 60 years....
Stock market setting daily all time record highs...

Salaries are up
NK is negotiating
China just caved on a $200 billion trade win for the US
Trump has made the EU pay up for security around the globe
Dont hear a peep from ISIS anymore

And all this is being done with a 97% negative coverage by the MSM...

Imagine what this country could be doing if 1/2 of its citizens didnt fight him tooth and nail....

MAGA 2020

The man is just what this country needed after 8 years of nothing by BO

God is Good
Old 01-22-2020, 08:35 AM   #36
SB09
Pope & Young

Quote:
If this were a sports game I'd point to the score board. Look at the current results.

People believe what they're seeing with their eyes. Not what is coming out of Politicians mouths, any of them. That includes Schiff, Nadler, Pelosi, Trump, Mitch, or Lindsey. All of them included. Why can't you figure that out?
SB09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 08:39 AM   #37
RattlesnakeDan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Everywhere

Quote:
To be void of truth produces this response. Listen to fools and then you can only spew foolishness. Nothing new under the sun.
RattlesnakeDan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 08:46 AM   #38
D-BULL
Four Point

Hunt In: LIVEOAK, DIMMIT

Quote:
Originally Posted by macdaddy67 View Post
well, i believe in historic economic news, lowest unemployment numbers in 60 years....

Salaries are up
nk is negotiating
china just caved on a $200 billion trade win for the us
trump has made the eu pay up for security around the globe
dont hear a peep from isis anymore

and all this is being done with a 97% negative coverage by the msm...

Imagine what this country could be doing if 1/2 of its citizens didnt fight him tooth and nail....

Maga 2020

the man is just what this country needed after 8 years of nothing by bo

god is good
you nailed it!
D-BULL is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 08:51 AM   #39
Hollywood
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca, Live Oak, Duval

Quote:
You had to be that kid that would sneak around the back of everyone & throw firecrackers into the campfire, then run off like someone else did it.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 09:02 AM   #40
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
You had to be that kid that would sneak around the back of everyone & throw firecrackers into the campfire, then run off like someone else did it.
lol
Old 01-22-2020, 09:04 AM   #41
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Amazing to me that people ALSO believe a word that the Prez says.
Well, he called nadler a sneeze ball yesterday...that's an accurate statement.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 09:05 AM   #42
Barrett
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
Well, I believe in historic economic news, lowest unemployment numbers in 60 years....

Salaries are up
NK is negotiating
China just caved on a $200 billion trade win for the US
Trump has made the EU pay up for security around the globe
Dont hear a peep from ISIS anymore

And all this is being done with a 97% negative coverage by the MSM...

MAGA 2020

The man is just what this country needed after 8 years of nothing by BO

God is Good
Don't give me that NK stuff, Trump hasn't done a thing there except opened up talks. They launched more missile test last year than any other. His NK policy collapsed.
I give the man credit where it is due, and he has done good things. There are plenty of economic stats that prove he has made achievements, but there are also costs of these.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #43
Barrett
Ten Point

Quote:
You act just like our president and Im sure your proud of that.
Old 01-22-2020, 09:45 AM   #44
MacDaddy67
Ten Point

Well Obama put men in the women's bathroom with kids....

oh and made a gay bar a National Monument in SF

so there is that.....

I will take Trump for another 4 years and then Nikki Haily can have a go for 8 years
Old 01-22-2020, 11:23 AM   #45
Hollywood
Ten Point

Hunt In: Lavaca, Live Oak, Duval

Quote:
You act just like our president and Im sure your proud of that.
I will admit, I wasn't a Trump supporter at 1st. My candidate made the short list but eventually lost to Trump.
I would say now that I am a staunch supporter of DJT & all of his accomplishments.
Do I agree with all of his childish rhetoric, NO.
But the PROS sure do outweigh the CONS with him.
I really believe he is the only person at this time that can help correct all of the years of the DEEP STATE wrongdoings.
Our Government has become so corrupt & tainted I am not sure it can ever correct itself.
Good grief, look what the man has accomplished, all while dealing with the loony left's relentless RESISTANCE & the RHINOS unwillingness to do anything positive.
Then top it off with the Radical Left media's spinning & lies, it is a wander he actually agreed to run again.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT FROM HIM ????????
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 11:30 AM   #46
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young

Quote:
I will admit, I wasn't a Trump supporter at 1st. My candidate made the short list but eventually lost to Trump.
I would say now that I am a staunch supporter of DJT & all of his accomplishments.
I really believe he is the only person at this time that can help correct all of the years of the DEEP STATE wrongdoings.
Our Government has become so corrupt & tainted I am not sure it can ever correct itself.
Good grief, look what the man has accomplished, all while dealing with the loony left's relentless RESISTANCE & the RHINOS unwillingness to do anything positive.
Then top it off with the Radical Left media's spinning & lies, it is a wander he actually agreed to run again.

Don't matter what he does, TDS is a real disease, and this joker from Austin's got it bad!
As a person, I despise Donald Trump. But as a president, he is EXACTLY what this country needed at this time... We don't need a go along to get along pussyfoot president to right this ship. We need a slap your *** around and get things done President. He has proven to me that he is that man. I firmly believe God can use anyone He chooses to accomplish His will. There are so many examples in the Bible where He shows us this. I believe strongly that God put Trump in the office to get things done and expose our Bureaucratic gubment for what it is, and it is working.
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #47
Pstraw
Ten Point

Hunt In: Front yard or back yard

^^^
You are so right. HE is being most gracious and patient with this country. Look around and see that we aren't that far from Sodom.
Pstraw is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 11:57 AM   #48
Barrett
Ten Point

Quote:
I COMPLETELY AGREE with about the "looney left" and the resistance efforts. This impeachment trial is a travesty and should have been avoided by both sides.
I also acknowledge that both sides of politicians and the media spin the heck out of lies and misinformation. But when the leader of the most powerful nation spews lie after lie while manipulating his way through policy, the effects of this will be long-lasting and surely come back to haunt us down the road.
Old 01-22-2020, 12:04 PM   #49
Charles
Pope & Young

Quote:
I COMPLETELY AGREE with about the "looney left" and the resistance efforts. This impeachment trial is a travesty and should have been avoided by both sides.
I also acknowledge that both sides of politicians and the media spin the heck out of lies and misinformation. But when the leader of the most powerful nation spews lie after lie while manipulating his way through policy, the effects of this will be long-lasting and surely come back to haunt us down the road.
Care to elaborate on which lie or lies you are referring to?
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 01-22-2020, 12:09 PM   #50
ACCURACYINC
Ten Point

Hunt In: Mcmullen County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles View Post
Care to elaborate on which lie or lies you are referring to?
Probably not.
ACCURACYINC is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top