Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can i create a family cemetery on my own property?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can i create a family cemetery on my own property?

Do any green screen property owners have one? Does anyone know what the logistics of starting one would be? And I don't mean someone has to die first My land is in Hardin County.

Call the county office?

Comment

What Google says about it.
      Attached Files

Comment

We have one on our family land in Louisiana. It has been there for 100 years or so. Bury someone every 5 to 7 years. I guess my mom and Aunt own it now. No clue on rules and regs for starting a new one. It can't be that stringent though.

Comment

Depends on County, and You have to let the public access to it. So if you plant someone in the back 40 of your ranch, public has to have access in Texas.

Comment

If there has to be public access I'd be going for cremations and burying the urns. Keep the govt out of it

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Dang Jeff, what you up to?!!

Comment

Family Plot

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                Do any green screen property owners have one? Does anyone know what the logistics of starting one would be? And I don't mean someone has to die first My land is in Hardin County.
                My parents have had one for years, both my grandparents are buried there and also my uncle. Only problem with them is my brother died on 8-11-19 and now both my parents have to deal with it everyday till they day they die. Be careful of what you are asking. No parents plan to bury their kids but when it happens its the worse thing ever IMO. Just my 2 cents

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by kurt68 View Post
                  Depends on County, and You have to let the public access to it. So if you plant someone in the back 40 of your ranch, public has to have access in Texas.
                  I had a friend in Leon county that was going to bury his mom at the ranch and he was told he would have to provide public access. They ended up burying her at a nearby cemetery.

Comment

My family in mason has family cemetery on their property. That being said, the first grave was prior to 1900 and the last one was before WWI. I always have to stop and look at em
                    When I’m there. As for the question, I’m sure TCEQ or EPA would not allow it nowadays

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Dang Jeff, what you up to?!!

Guess he caught another family member in his deer stand, about to cull them out???? HAHAHAHA!

Comment

sss

Comment

I was on a deer lease that had a super old one on it. The grass was about waist high, I never went in to look at the headstones. There was access, it was on a field and the farmer would just drive around it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            sss
                            There it is

Comment

about 7 billion of us living. Not much usable dirt left? Hmmm. My ashes will be happy tossed in the gulf or even the creek. BUT we can not even do that! Spreading ashes has a bunch of strict rules as well from what I hear. Oops, sorry, that urn slipped right out of my hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X