Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Rel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TPWD Taking Public Comment on Proposed Regulation Changes for Trotlines and Other Rel

Has anybody seen this? This also includes perch traps, jug lines, minnow traps, hand lines, and other fishing devices. I keep my lines dated as per current law. But setting a main line on a trot-line for just 4 days just don't seem long enough. And I remove my hooks & leaders from the main line when done before leaving the main line for the following weekend. And pull them when I'm done with an area for a while.

Same goes for perch traps. Sometimes they take a few days to get started in some places. 4 days just isn't long enough in some places.

I've also got no problem with TP&W removing lines and equipment that are not dated properly. Or tended to. Course if you tend your lines, your gonna date them, right?

And to voice your opinion or make suggestions:

TG, I'd be more for yo-yos/limb-lines rather than trotlines, durn things are a nuisance.

Comment

bring it

Comment

Up

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Back when I was diving these mud holes we call lakes, there was nothing worse than getting caught up in an old trotline. Happened several times.

Comment

I spoke against the requirement for floats. If you think you have problems with others running your lines now, just wait until they have a beacon attached to them. I don't really care about the number of days because we never leave ours out more than 12-16 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by toledo View Post
              I spoke against the requirement for floats. If you think you have problems with others running your lines now, just wait until they have a beacon attached to them. I don't really care about the number of days because we never leave ours out more than 12-16 hours.

Good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
              X