Alternative feeder stand

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alternative feeder stand

I live out west where big trees are scarce, tri pods get knocked over by pigs and cattle so over the years I have built several of these feeder stands with great success. At my house we put up a feeder in rocky ground with this set up which might work well for others so I am sharing.
    1. Dug a 12" by 4 ft. hole for my 8" X 4' pipe base.
    2. I poured dry quick crete around the 8" base pipe to hold it in place. It will eventually get solid as moisture gets to it.
    3. I set my feeder pipe in the empty 8" base pipe, not an easy thing to do since it was so big and heavy, another two man job done by myself. I did not say I was very smart, OK!!!
    4. I poured sand in the 8" base pipe around the feeder stand pipe and adjusted it to square and lightly tamped it in. If you wiggle the pipe just a little the sand will settle and hold very well.
    5. If you ever need or want to replace or remove the pipe just dig out the loose sand and pull out your pipe.
    The other pics are just what I built to hoist the feeder to the top of the pole. It has held up to very high winds with no issures.
    The pipe is a little long and has a little bit of lean to it with the weight of the 450#'s of corn in it but with no issues. It could be made out of square tubing but if you want to rotate the feeder it will not but the pipe will rotate with a pipe wrench.
    Attached Files

Solid [emoji1476]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nicely done!

Comment

Well done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Innovative !

Comment

Well heck yeah! That's freakin' awesome!!

Comment

Great idea!

Comment

Working...
              X